All the RY4s (and then some)

I’m back on an RY4 kick but haven’t tried all of them including 1 - 4. I have two I just bought, RY4 Double (JF) and Holy Grail RY4 V2 (DIYFS). Can I entice anyone to indulge on the subject and enlighten me on all the RYs they’ve tried? I enjoy NETs so an RY with a noticeable real tobacco flavor will not off put. I’m especially interested in combining with fruit flavors at the moment.

7 Likes

Ry4 was the first juice to get me off the cigs. I have a love affair with it that will never die. I currently use RY4 double, TF,also. It was the first one I got and seems to be the best so far, but, I haven’t tried any others. Honestly, I nailed RY4. out of the bottle, first recipe I nailed to my specs. If it ain’t broke…you know the rest. I was thinking about buying a premium RY4 and trying it.

5 Likes

Do tell. Is the recipe public?
Which premium RY4 are you referring to?
I once bought a juice from The Vapor Chef called Southern Hospitality, a Tobacco with hints of peach. I have a peach mix that I enjoy and was thinking of trying it with an RY4. I’ll probably go with Ry4 Double (TFA) because I already know what it tastes like but I’m dying to find out more about the less sweet ones, the RY1s for example, since the peach is already sweet.
Thx for the interest.

2 Likes

I came to vaping from 45 years smoking Marlboros. First juice came from a local shop and was good. Had a couple other on-line juices that were OK. But all went belly up about the same time. That sent me to DIY. I tried 5 different RY4 types. Never liked RY4 double, curious why it is the most used in recipies. Tried RY4 Asian, found it too harsh and overwhelming any other flavors.

For me the winner is RY4 Hangsen, which I think is the original RY4. Sometimes hard to find. Bull City, TPA don’t carry it, but River Supply currently has it.

5 Likes

Inawara comes to mind, but I too would have to research it a bunch. Here is where we part ways-I love a heavy caramel note, the heavier the better. I tried a RY8 or 9, and yeah, it was like maple syrup. So, I’m not much help there. Have you tried a 555 by Inawara? I sprung for it since hubby loves the 555. It might be more what you are looking for, a nutty mild tobacco.

3 Likes

Do you have a recpie you like using ry4 hs?

3 Likes

Thx for the lead @Redcrown I’ve heard good things about Hangsen tobaccos as well. I’m going to have to try their RY4.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I love deep rich caramels. I thought 555 was either off the table or they had changed the recipe. I have a friend with Inawera knowledge. I’ll ask her.

2 Likes

I second that motion. :+1:

2 Likes

Lol, not at all! That’s what this is all about, I appreciate all contributions, as you never know!

3 Likes

Maybe I worded that incorrectly. I didn’t mean off the table here. I thought it wasn’t available anymore or available in it’s original recipe. Maybe I’m thinking of Gold Ducat? Idk, but I digress. I’ll definitely look into that.

2 Likes

Here is a link to my private RY4 recipie. As you can see, it’s nothing special.
http://tjek.nu/r/hwFj

3 Likes

It won’t appear because it’s marked private. You’ll need to go to your recipe and make the link available to the public. You can always change it back to private after you post the link in this thread.

2 Likes

Okay, let’s try again. I have Inawera 555 gold, is it d.c.’d? God, I hope not. It’s his fav.

3 Likes

I apologize if I caused you concern. I see both of them (555 Gold and Gold Ducat) in stock. One of them, and Idk which, has a formula change according to a friend who is an Inawera fan. I just messaged her to get it straight.

2 Likes

@Robin14 okay, I can put this baby to rest. It was the Gold Ducat. Your hubby is golden, 555 Golden :wink:

There’s also info on Reddit.

2 Likes

Strange, the link works for me on a different computer, different browser, not logged in to ELR. ELR doc says that’s how to do it.

3 Likes

Idk, all I can tell you is that link took me to the main ELR page with all the recipes.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/

2 Likes

Whew, ya scared me! But thanks for sorting it. I learn something new every time I visit this forum!

2 Likes

Lol, I learn more than I need to know every time I visit.

2 Likes