All Vape Realated subreddits now 18+ NSFW

As of today it appears all vape related subs are now 18+, not a bad idea of course but it is new.

From one of the mods of the r/ejuice sub:

Hi mods,

We are reaching out to notify you that your community has been designated as 18+ due to being centered on products and/or substances intended for adult use. Users who visit your community will encounter an interstitial that will ask them to confirm that they are 18+.

We also wanted to remind you that any type of sourcing, sale promotion, or sale facilitation (including things like flaring/approving vendors), is prohibited. Please note that this includes not only substances (juice, etc) but vaping devices and accessories themselves. We ask that you update your community rules to reflect this, if you haven’t done so already.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via r/ModSupport Mod Mail.

It looks like the DIY sub is 18+ as well. Just in case anyone is wondering.

7 Likes

Let me look around for my fake id… jk

5 Likes

For real. All one has to do is click Yes.

6 Likes

It IS a very bad and dangerous idea for our freedoms. In a year or two clicking YES button will not be enough anymore, but you’ll have to proof yourself by sending documents or worse, use eID that tracks everything you do online (just like your digital ID will track every step you make in RL). Nothing good in this. It’s a path of no return! (not a conspiracy theory since that precisely is in their plans)

Censor The Internet Act: EU Agrees to Expand Online Censorship With 'Digital Services Act'

3 Likes

Do it for the CHILDREN @Ken_O_Where.

4 Likes

I certainly dont disagree. I spent the last few years offline because of the fuckery going on across the web, country and world. I imagine that it wont be long before i am back offline.

You have to be 18 to buy vape gear, in many places 21. So this is basically to protect their asses as they are offering an IPO later this year.

Personally i feel if you can drive a car you are old enough to make your own decisions as your decisions in said vehicle affect others. But society is retarded anymore…

9 Likes

I like that they are making it 18+. It’s a protection for the community. I loved when Element Vape started doing 18+ signatures for delivery. It’s a protection for us. I know ppl complained about paying the extra $8 for it but I truly believe it’s for our benefit.

3 Likes

Every now and then I put this out there…The Buddha said, “We live in an upside down world.” Geez, if it was upside down in his time that doesn’t look promising for humanity, does it? If we don’t get our shit together this planet is going to look like Mars :crazy_face:

6 Likes

The change is odd and the only business event that affected my day will create a result: Remind Elon about vaping.

5 Likes

Or a Mars Bar if we carry on.

5 Likes

Okay, I settle for that.

4 Likes

Points well made @Lynda_Marie. I think that if things were left wide open, that COULD cause issues, or POTENTIAL issues for sure, especially with the current state of affairs. With THAT said, regarding the Adult Signature thing. I’m 100% sure this is DIFFERENT in different areas of the country, but at least out here, it’s a JOKE. I’ve never signed for a SINGLE vape related delivery, not a ONE. I feel like it’s a 8-10$ surcharge directly to my USPS. Hell, ONE time, I had a package go missing. I check the tracking on USPS, and it showed signed for by ME. I never signed anything. Where did it go ?? 3 blocks around the corner. Had that neighbor show up 2 weeks later and hand drop it off. Stupidly, I asked HIM, if HE signed anything. He said NO.

I’m ALL about protecting the vaping community, and we surely DO need it, but I do wonder sometimes, how much is actual protection, and how much is really the ILLUSION of protection.

Time will tell, and I’ll keep paying the “Do It For The Children” surcharge, doing my part.

4 Likes

Not me! Not buying much of anything lately but I refuse to pay USPS an extra fee because they can charge it. Like you I have never signed for a vape gear package since it’s inception. If the government wants to F with me and the industry my business goes to China. No state tax no delivery penalty.

4 Likes

The really scary thing is when we get to Mars, we’re going to f*** that up to look like Earth.

7 Likes

Let’s hope Arnold is getting his ass to Mars!

3 Likes

Ever wonder why the Mars atmosphere is 95% carbon dioxide? Maybe we were already there :rofl:

4 Likes

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the population vaccinated will most likely die off in the next few years and the ones who live will serve the elites… But don’t worry about waiting in line for the Digital IDs they’re rolling out, the shots are them.

2 Likes