Altus by Guo ~ Coilless Atomizer?

Check this out …could be the future ! https://originvape.com/product/altus-tank-atomizer-by-guo/

6 Likes

I have been wondering when this would come out. The science (I’m sure) is really cool and I’d love to try it but for me, it would take the fun out of building it. Sort of like comparing a classic Camaro or Mustang with a new model. Fast and efficient, you bet, but the frustration of building it up and getting your hands dirty is half the fun!

1 Like

That would be sweet!!! I’m sure they’ll find it releases some toxic material like everything else seems to.

Steve

I’d vape that ! Nice looking tank too. have to keep my eye on it.

2 Likes

Me too! I’d get one…

2 Likes

I already want one! Quite expensive though, and will probably only be in the States for a while…

The video on the site:

3 Likes

Wow very interesting

I just hope this doesnt open a door for people doing cheap copies then something goes wrong and the vape world gets abother bad name

2 Likes

Wow, how cool! I mean the device is very interesting, but I’m more impressed with the how to video by the product designer, that’s cool

3 Likes

very very interested in this!!! I will be watching this for sure… for the price to drop or others to start producing these chips and a significant price drop :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Cool video. I want one as well. I’m sure with future revisions it will be a simpler method. I can see going thru a lot of o-rings with this.

2 Likes

I’d love to have one too, but not at that price! Oh my goodness.

Imagine dropping this guy and having to replace the ‘‘coil’’ how pricey are those gonna be and is it DIY replacable or does it take an astronaut tool. I’m not sure i would invest there.

I see that Vape Royalty has it for 109.95. I’m sure that as more retailers get it, the price will start to drop. Maybe not enough, but some. It’ll be awhile before I can justify buying one. Maybe Heavens Gift will have it as a giveaway?

2 Likes

Hmmm, some sort of peltier device. One side gets hot, the other cold.

I think it just gets hot…? Looks like a thick coil embedded in some sort of material…

I am buying one as soon as I can spare some change.

4 Likes

Here’s an interesting little tid bit to read and ponder: :thinking:

http://www.induceramic.com/industrial-ceramic-product/silicon-nitride-ceramic-heating-element-si3n4/silicon-nitride-ceramic-liquid-heating-element-si3n4

2 Likes

I bet you miss all the cleaning and adjusting points :slight_smile: LOL

1 Like

I actually do. Loved using my knees on the fender to feel for the timing and then double checking only to find I got it right on the money.

2 Likes

Ahhh nostalgia. Yeah I have no problem saying goodbye to points. Or non powered windows, seats, door locks, steering, or missing A/C. I don’t even get sentimental about my old Rand McNally road atlas when using my GPS. Technology is great!

As for this new atomizer - it’s intriguing. I read it will even work with temperature control. Ok, they have my attention. But I see myself building coils for a long time, just like I listened to my LPs long after the CD player came round.

4 Likes