An article on our very own prolific mixer! DarthVapor! :D

Thank you Jo!!
Yeah things are definitely a HELL of a lot different than they were at the beginning of the year!! I appreciate your support as always and I hope school and life are equally as good for you schnuckems!! :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Crazy busy hectic and overall not awful. Iā€™m sure you know how that goes. :wink: Hoping to settle into a groove here in the next few weeks. Chances are that will happen right around finals and winter break. LOL

4 Likes

Oh I do know how that goes, all too wellā€¦ I am getting ready to make a transition here though. Stepping out of the restaurant life, or at least the one here in the Gulf Coast, and start doing this full time. Season is approaching quickly and the timing could not of been better! I now have full custody of the spawn and I have been petrified about this season! I couldnā€™t imagine being a single full time father, while working 120+ hours a week, with some nights having to work through into the next day.
So now I have given notice and I am able to actually have a life for once and make what was my hobby, a real thing! I still canā€™t wrap my head around the fact that I will essentially be working from home and be traveling here and there throughout the months. It will be good for me to have all this time and even better, good for my boy.
The only thing I have to stress about now is finding a place to move! As much as I LOVE living on Siesta Key, I canā€™t stand the job market down here. Thankfully for me, everyone has to eat and I can easily transition back into the kitchen if things donā€™t workout elsewhere, but I would rather be in a better area if that were to be the case.
Hereā€™s hoping you find your groove sooner than later! Your a smart, tough cookie and I have full faith you shall :wink:

9 Likes

Awesome write-up! DarthVapor rocks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@DarthVapor oh crap I had NO IDEA that was you. You created some amazing profiles for that line. Great seeing you branch away from the food industry. That industry is far too stressful, especially on the chefs. Excellent work though!

4 Likes

Thanks Wayne! It started off as a little side project and before I knew it, it exploded! Itā€™s been fun though and WAY less stressful than what I have been accustomed to for decades, thatā€™s for sure. Iā€™m getting to old to run around like a maniac for 20 hours a day, lol. I appreciate the support brother!

@Alisa Thanks momma!! :wink:

4 Likes

Yay!!! Thatā€™s fantastic. Being a single parent sucks sometimes, but itā€™s so worth it. At least, thatā€™s what I keep telling myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow! Iā€™m super happy for you. I know that itā€™s something you love, but it was running you ragged. Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna be a weird transition, but you totally got this!

Happy dance! :champagne: :wine_glass: :tada: You are gonna be great.

Ya know, Alabama isnā€™t that far away and thereā€™s plenty of moderately wealthy, mostly techy engineer people who live around here that eat for fun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness, Iā€™m so glad things are going so well. You made some killer lemonade outta some pretty sour lemons, my friend. Thank you for stickinā€™ around and sharing your journey; itā€™s been very inspiring. :slight_smile: I canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s next for you.

5 Likes

That mustā€™ve been the nicest explosion ever! Iā€™ve looked at the website and some of those juices in the 9 series look really scrumptious :wink:
Iā€™m really glad everything worked out for you, especially with your boy. The job too though, no matter how good your job is or how much you enjoy doing it, itā€™s not worth killing yourself over. Working those hours will kill you quick.

2 Likes

Great article on Mr. Darth. Major props to the flavorists who inspire us budding mad scientists :grinning:

3 Likes

A well written article on one of our favorite members of the Dark Side. I had no idea that you were genius behind the Cloudride lines, pretty awesome.

4 Likes

Thanks Jose!!
Getting my son was the biggest shock ever! Not that he should be with me, but because a certain evilX actually wised up and realized he is better off. THAT I could of never seen coming!
I will say though, it was pretty convenient working through the night because that was the best time for you and I to chat, given the different time zonesā€¦ Youā€™re worth dying for is what Iā€™m sayin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
@Ken_O_Where thanks my fellow :cheese::bust_in_silhouette:!! Iā€™m taken back by how well received they are, especially when one of my hands are tied behind my back and having to only use ā€œcleanā€ flavors. It was a nice challenge though :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad it did happen, if only my own evilX had been that wiseā€¦ I never saw it coming either :pensive:

Well Iā€™m :flushed:

3 Likes

Congrats on all fronts! Sounds like a move is in your future and Iā€™m not sure what part of the gulf coast you are on now but Houston is bustling, just saying. Itā€™s still the gulf coast although the beaches do suck, no offense yā€™all but once youā€™ve lived from the floribama on down, no other beach compares, lol.

Plenty of to do and see. Lots of work. And I sound like I work for the chamber of commerce or something. Just looking to keep you local! Whatever you chose Iā€™m sure you will land on your feet and do wonderful things. Good luck with it all.

1 Like

Thanks! Not to sound arrogant or anything, but nothing beats the beach where Iā€™m at. Voted #1 in the US and the sand is just like cool powdered sugar :slight_smile: Living on Siesta Key is amazing but besides the weather and the views, not much more to offer. Iā€™ll miss it, if and when I move though!

Itā€™s possible you might like other areas of the country? :thinking:

ā€¦just sayā€™ins all. :wink:

3 Likes

Are you on the Atlantic side? If not, Ian talking about any of the beaches on the gulf side. Canā€™t beat em. Tin fairness though the only Atlantic beaches Iā€™ve been to were on cape cod and they were nothing to sneeze at.

Iā€™m a beach guy, through and through, although I can appreciate other beauty @Kinnikinnick :wink: I have just always been a water guy.
Atlantic side? No I am in the Gulf, right here to be exactā€¦

Siesta

4 Likes

Wow, DarthVapor! I have been impressed by your recipes for a while, now I am impressed by the man behind the mask. And the man behind Cloudride. I happened to receive some Share A Moya in a giveaway, and thought ā€œwhoever mixed this up knows what theyā€™re doingā€. Hats off to you! Just by chance, I commented on your masterpiece called Floating Island just yesterday, and got a reply from you minutes later. DarthVapor, YOU ARE THE MAN!

4 Likes

I have to ask, the recipe referred to here, ā€œI decided one day to see how many different cream type flavours I could get in a juice without going over 20% flavouring and I ended up with a little gem that I find myself falling back on all the time.ā€ - is this The 18? I still want to try that one, but I am missing some flavors.

2 Likes

Thanks Phillip, thatā€™s quite the compliment! The 18 would be it! Even though it has a crazy 18 flavors in it, itā€™s a very ā€œsimpleā€ cream-ish type juice. Thereā€™s only a few that I always keep on hand and this is one of them, cures my cream cravings for sure! I only wish I had more room to add more flavors! I think it would make for a kick ass base, but I donā€™t like to go over 20% flavoring as my personal limit, so it stays as is :slight_smile:

2 Likes