An interview with the brain behind replay with DJlsb

9 Likes

I LOVED the fact that he covered different flavors are dominant at different power!!
This is something that several of us have observed for quite some time now!

Also enjoyed the explanation/overview of how they’ve achieved what they have in Replay.

Great share Ogre!

3 Likes

That’s exactly why I love my replay :smiley: I mean I did vape TC prior and didn’t have any issues, just takes so long to dial in. Thanks for sharing the link, this should explain to a lot of people what it is and how it works, better than regular device reviews could have done it.

3 Likes

I just had a prime example of that about a week ago. Never been extremely impressed with the first Pharaoh regarding flavor. Not bad, but not stellar. I had always used it in TC mode. Well, the Pharaoh sat for a good long while and then I decided it was a great candidate to use on the Aegis Legend as there is no glass to break. Perfect for yard work. Obviously I used it in vw mode. There I am in the back yard thinking OMG! Strawberry! Strong, identifiable strawberry!! Amazing…

5 Likes

I use the Mirage DNA 75C with Replay. Definitely changes/improves the way we’ve been vaping! Traditional TC could become obsolete.
Thanx for sharing the video.

4 Likes

Part of the review covers a common error i think is made on many mods, the resistance reads all through the circuitry and the tank and finally the wire, so a lot gets lost and I dont think its taken into account on many of my mods. It seems like they should be able to come up with an adjustment and apply it to every reading, but it seems they don’t do that at all. Even the Legend runs so cool in TC mode I wonder if that resistance error is part of the reason.
Great video, thanks for sharing it

4 Likes

Didn’t have time to watch the whole video… skimmed over it. What I missed is if you can have different replay profiles, for example for different juices that you vape, or do you have to set it up every time again?

3 Likes

Well the short answer is: both lol

But to elaborate, every time you switch to a different atomizer you’ll have to redo replay.

If you stay with one atomizer, even if unscrewed or even if batteries are taken out, the mid remembers the replay setting.

You’ll have to cancel replay if you want to make changes and then save puff again, for replay to run with the new setting.

So far I’m aware off, there’s no memory slots to save replay, but then again it might be just my mid that doesn’t have it (paranormal 250c) and I also don’t own it long enough, but i would say that you can save it.

Maybe @SmilingOgre can give a more accurate answer, since he uses these mods longer than I do lol.

Edit: I freaking hate autocorrect on my tablet! Lol

2 Likes

You pretty much got it. I didn’t answer because I think if he wants to understand he can take the time to watch the video. I have no compulsion to summarize it for him. You are correct, there are no memory presets. That is not the approach that Evolve is pursuing.

3 Likes

Can I have a question, please? Does this mode replay work with clapton Ni80 coils?

3 Likes

Won’t work well. Replay depends at least partially on having coils that have enough change in resistance with change in heat to track. NI80 does not fall into that category.

3 Likes

Hmm ok, then the advised will be a 316L wire? :pensando:

2 Likes

Stainless, Nickel, or Titanium.

3 Likes

and in this category of wires, can it be a coil clapton? sorry for my ignorance on tc mode! :blush:

3 Likes

Yes it can, although more complex wires are less accurate. I use 2x28+36 parallel SS claptons regularly and they work well with DNA in both TC and Replay.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you very much for the clarification … :+1:

3 Likes

Did I ask you to? I asked a simple question.

1 Like

DNA firmware allows for an internal resistance to be entered and considered in calculations. Not all manufacturers take advantage of this however. Even with that, everything in the atomizer itself is an unknown. Unfortunately no single compensation factor will work because of all of the different materials and different resistances at connection points, each of which will offer a different TCR value to work with. Every conducting material has a TCR and some are actually negative.

3 Likes