Anise Capella Discontinued?

I use Capella Anise in a few recipes and while not as strong as Flavour Art Anise it is still a good flavour - So if you use it I just heard that Capella has possibly discontinued it (anyone else heard that?)

So if you need to get it - now may be the time before it disappears forever.

This may be old news to some but it was new to me so I thought i should share.

8 Likes

Could tfa absinthe be a good sub for it? FA black touch?

3 Likes

FA Anise is a stronger version of it and a good substitute.

2 Likes

A while back, I picked up a good amount of tfa absinthe for what reason I forgot. Unopened on the shelf. I used to have an absinthe concoction made in layers of absinthe, cultured milk drink and grenadine syrup all set on fire while stationed in Japan.

Is there much difference between tfa absinthe and FA anise?

1 Like

From the flavor notes on both.
FA Anise: It’s bright, pure star anise flavor with the characteristic sweet effect on the tongue when you inhale.

TFA Absinthe: This is straight black licorice with a hint of booziness and the slightest herbal “green” note. Nothing fluffy or creamy, just like someone took a rope of black licorice and melted it down into something mildly alcoholic mixed with some herbs.

Me and @woftam use both in a Licorice Base among with other flavors.

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to get with you two and find a purpose for some of this unopened stuff eh?

3 Likes

As soon as I saw the title, I thought “FA Black Touch”. Such an accurate flavour, it’s got the menthol anise flavour, with just the right candy sweetness. The perfect black jack, imo.

4 Likes

It is a flavor I have yet too ignorant to know it’s full potential. Same with tfa absinthe

2 Likes

I can agree with that. I’ve only currently used it as a single flavour, but I can imagine it’s a lot more versatile than it first seems.

1 Like

Before diy, I tried a black licorice vape and to my surprise it was very good. Something far away from the normal fruit flavored ones.

1 Like

I ordered it for one recipe, Subliminal by @Pro_Vapes. Fantastic mix, btw.

A bit heavy on the molasses to sub for anise but black touch is one of the most accurate old world licorices ive had. I bought it in hopes of making a licorice pipe mix and i wasnt disappointed.

If CAP Anise was/is discontinued your best bet is anise FA, as others have said. In the .25-1.25% is where i have been using it in my mixes.

6 Likes

Thanks mister! And here I go on to yet another flavor adventure. I’ve got a lifetime amount of absinthe lol sheesh

1 Like

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1093128/Döskallar%20:O
This is god

1 Like

Make a lot of Subliminal I’ll second the notion from @Ken_O_Where it’s a fantastic vape!!!

2 Likes

And Peach SC RF works nicely to replace Peach INW @ 1%, in case someone doesnt have INW.

When i first vaped it i was very surprised at how well peach and anise work together, i didnt expect to taste the peach or pear in it. I should have known better to second guess @Pro_Vapes, every single mix of his that i have tried has been fantastic.

2 Likes

The entire mix looks different for sure but I trust you all. Have to make a one flavor order

1 Like

Yeah, right!!! :slight_smile:

I’ve started off like that plenty of times. But then at checkout it’s always $100. Go figure.

2 Likes

let me say i’ll try to make a one flavor order…well, screw that idea…i’ll try to keep this below $50 lol

1 Like

Thanks @SthrnMixer and @Ken_O_Where for the head nod on the Subliminal. I made a new batch about 7 weeks ago. It really good after a month, but it really shines after a couple months.

3 Likes

I haven’t mixed it in a while…too long really. Will do that this week…come Christmastime it will be oh so fancy :slight_smile:

Speaking of Christmas, now’s the time to get to work on your 2017 Christmas mix. I have something very special planned for my Christmas Cheer 2017!!

6 Likes