Another accident

Another e cigarette accident… no details…

1 Like

Maybe he had a loose 18650 in his pocket :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve heard about people doing that, and coins and keys short it out - most notice that something is heating up though…

5 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me!
Theres a lot of dodgy e pens about lately and people just don’t understand they require maintenance, I’ve seen some filled with liquid!

2 Likes

Ouch hope he is okay… really wish they would include details with these things so people could see what went wrong

4 Likes

and people making their own coils and mods but dont know what they are doing , im sorry that these things happen but a bit of common sense will go along way like turning off mod , one of my cousins started vaping and she would bjtch all the time " i hate vaping " she would say " the juice keeps staining my pansts " blah blah blah well dumbass quit putting a vape that holds liquid that wil syai g ylur pants anyway i just woke up and dont know where i was going with that

6 Likes

What do you reckon? Maybe common sense would include NOT carrying a vaping device in your pocket while engaging in sports activities? To me this would be like someone telling a cop after a crash I don’t know what happened officer. One minute I’m driving along, texting my girlfriend and the next I’m wrapped around a tree. I think my steering must have malfunctioned.

8 Likes

16 Likes

yep usually young kids screwing around with mods and don’t have a clue in the safety evolved in vaping

3 Likes

awesome!!! how do you get something like that?

4 Likes

Like what, the gif ?

2 Likes

ya. I want to be able to post that stick figure beating it’s head. way cool

4 Likes

this was an adult we all know kids are gonna screw with shit they shouldnt right , with that being said i have little ones and there is no possible chance they will ever be hurt by anything vape related for one i habe common sense to keep it where they cant mess with it and two they 5 years and 4 years and 11months no better even the 11month old points to my mod and says kaka ( sorry dont no how to spell it )

2 Likes

Wow, they are really going for it now…

Quote to note:

“Before this year we hadn’t seen any injuries like this. Now we have had five which reflects the rising popularity of these e-cigarettes,” said consultant plastic surgeon Dai Nguyen.

Oh no 5 injuries! It’s an epidemic! :confounded:

4 Likes

Growing up I played with lighters, matches, fireworks, knives, guns… everything a boy should be into, I got burnt, cut, blown up, shot… all of the above are freely available

Note: While holding Gunpowder in a tic tac pack you should never drop a cigarette in… nearly took my hand off lol :joy:

5 Likes

Sadly, common sense seems to be a lacking commodity these days. For that reason, & I dread to say it, I’m in flavor of regulation of some sort. Not the mindless dumbass money-grabbing regs of the FDA, but regs that protect ignorant people who vape (& innocents who may be in their vicinity) from shit like this. I’m talking regs that call for greater education, information & awareness- particularly on behalf of vendors .
We’re all very lucky because we have this wonderful resource - this “university of vape” on hand to guide us. But there are a great many who start vaping who’s only resource has been some too-cool-for-school deadshit working in a vape shop, who’s only interest is a sale. It all starts at the point of sale. Now, I’m pretty certain that most vendors actually do know what they’re talking about, & do have their customers best interests at heart, but it’s the ones that don’t,… who sell to people who know even less than they do, that allow the opportunity for things like this to happen.
So whats the solution? Wouldnt it be great if everyone who vaped …or wanted to vape, woke up tomorrow morning having been visited by the Common-sense fairy in the night? But we all know that shit just aint gunna happen. I dont want to see our freedoms eroded by regulation, but nor do I want to see people hurting themselves or others through blind ignorance - thats obviously not good for them, but also, it’s not good for our cause. It seems to me that regulation of some kind (preferably designed by the vaping community… by CAASA or the like) is required.
Just an idea…Vendors (& their employees) for example, could be required to have a license in order to sell batteries or mech mods …& in order to get the license, they’ve sat a test proving their knowledge of battery safety & ohms law etc., & undertake a commitment to pass that knowledge on to their customers. And then its big shit for them if someone is injured & it can be proven they haven’t shown due diligence with the sale.
Obviously, the other point of sale is online - I dont have a clue what the answer is there, but at the very least, I think there needs to be much stronger, un-mistakable, un-ambiguous warnings & instructions in BIG BOLD LETTERS that accompany batteries (& other potentially dangerous hardware). I’ve never ever bought batteries that have come with this information, & I’ve only ever bought well known brands.

4 Likes

This is a complex problem looking for a Simpleton solution. How about Levis making jeans with one Nomex® (fireproof) pocket. Levis “Fire o’ 1” jeans …Strauss & Co? have your people call my people.

I say we ban Darwin and all don football protective gear and any citizen being non-compliant can legally be body-checked into the boards. I’m feeling safer already. Loved how this unfortunate fellow had to awfulize this incident into his son almost/possibly being blinded. Smooth move ex-lax. Maybe we could just ban Stupid®?

5 Likes

The way the regs are written, vape shops are no longer allowed any kind of “manufacturing” and I’ve seen locals here who won’t even put their drip tip on my atty so they can try my mod. So for a vape shop to demonstrate proper safety is most likely already a federal offense. Not sure that’s a widespread attitude in vape shops but frankly I feel there are already plenty of regs. Just like other things in this country though where there are already laws in place, but politicians want to make more laws when they don’t even enforce the ones on the books. It’s disgusting.

So, it’s a new world in all of vapedome here in the US. And that will get increasingly so over the next several months. Erosion of rights and freedoms is a forgone conclusion unless we can elect some folks who care less about power and the almighty dollar. We need leaders who aren’t bought by special interests and large corporations. Gee, wouldn’t that be nice! Until then, don’t expect that anything we say or do, any efforts to appeal to congressmen and women, any letters to the president or any amount of organizing to have a desired effect. Why? Because of the reason certain regs were enacted have solely to do with protected big baccy, big pharm and other biggie bigs. Vaping isn’t one of those biggies.

If only :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh well… I guess idiots are just gunna keep blowing themselves up… & the press, along with every other ignoramus will keep blaming vaping. Yep… its a win for the biggie bigs …yay team!

…unless the ‘special interest’ is vaping[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:17, topic:88063”]
and large corporations
[/quote]

…unless the ‘large corporation’ is Inokin or Aspire or Smok, or…

2 Likes

Compare any of them to the smallest cigarette maker.

3 Likes

Yeah, just a tad daunting