Another mad scientist is born

After lurking here for a bit and slowly assembling my lab I finally sat down and mixed for the first time. The first thing I noticed is my scale is sensitive! Of course I was all excited and didn’t realize I should have slowed down and went drop by drop when I got close to my target weight so I went .04g heavy on the strawberry in my Tiger’s Blood mix but hopefully it won’t affect the mix too much. On my second mix, a Campfire clone I took my time and got it right. I also learned that each pipette drop of PG weighs .02g and each drop of VG weighs .04g so I was able to count out my weight and then wait for the scale to settle it’s reading. I must admit I let out a little “mad scientist” laugh when the scale settled exactly where it should. Anyway, both mixes are stirring and hopefully will be vapable. I’m psyched to find out!

32 Likes

very cool, grats but pass the chips
http://imgur.com/YJR2I60

11 Likes

Welcome and congrats. But you should be aware you can’t show chips unless you have enough for everyone.

Good Luck

11 Likes

I have the same scale it is very sensitive it even senses the air blown by my ceiling fan I go over weight by 0. 03 / 0.04 g some times and it doesn’t seem that critical where that made a noticeable difference

7 Likes

We’ve all been there. Several times even. :grin: Enjoy!

8 Likes

Welcome to the world of easy! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Been sortin out my lab a little bit this mornin…lookin way tidier than it was after yesterdays mixing session :ok_hand:

18 Likes

Something worth mentioning is… WOW!

Many of us started (and most still do) with far less advanced equipment and understanding of technique. To see you doing your first mix by weight, and with not one, but two magnetic stirrers at your station - dude that is just awesome. Not only does it show how effective ELR is for both novice and advanced DIYers, but too that you’ve done a lot of reading, listening to sage advice, and bypassed a lot of the BS most of us had to endure before getting there.

So congrats to you on your first mix, and hats off to ELR community for making it so easy for new mixers to get off on the right foot. I’m just all swole up with pride this morning!!

21 Likes

Well said sir :wink:🖒

8 Likes

How are you mixing? I just ordered my scale too! I’m excited to start mixing by weight too! I mixed about five recipes with the syringes and its so time consuming that I caved and bought a scale and some bottles for my vg & pg.

7 Likes

Wow! Thats an awesome mixing station!!!

6 Likes

You forgot to mention chips. Mixing gives ya the munchies.

3 Likes

Love your paper towel holder lol, not a single space has gone to waste in this wonderful station! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

yeah it’s actually a safety wire from a stage light lol…waste not want not :wink:

2 Likes

I’m looking into buying an electronic mixer. I found one on amazon. Is it a good idea to use one? Its 57 bucks free shipping for prime.

1 Like

yeah magmixers are awesome, I don’t always use mine it depends how much time I have but I am mixing a special batch I will, and that price you have there is pretty good :+1: as long as it’s powerful enough to mix high VG liquids, @ozo is the man to talk to with regards to magmixers, he’s somewhat of an expert on the subject :+1:

6 Likes

Where is Ozo?

4 Likes

I don’t honestly know, it’s been a while actually…

2 Likes

He texted me at 1:50AM a few Sunday mornings ago. A nice Led Zepplin lyric.

4 Likes

He was on Facebook 13hrs ago he’s fine :wink::thumbsup:

6 Likes