Any math whizes around?

So I accidentally bought the wrong nicotine. In the past I have used Nicotine River’s 48mg PurNic E-Nicotene. This time I must have spaced out because I bought their Bulk PurNic Nicotene 3mg.

I usually vape at 6mg. I’m wondering if anyone can give me a formula for adding the 48mg to the 3mg to reach 6mg.

Much thanks for any help!

2 Likes

Like 1:16 will reduce ot to 3mg, so maybe adding 1 part 48mg to 15 parts 3mg will up it to 6?

10mL:150mL…
30mL:450mL…
50mL: 750mL…
65mL:1000mL…

Calculator didn’t tell me the answer though and that’s a lot of thinking to get to the actual guaranteed correct answer.

Honestly, I only replied at all because you’ve got hot catty eyes.

Someone else will come along who knows…

:thinking:

5 Likes

Here is a good tool: E-Liquid Combining Calculator

5 Likes

7 Likes

See :slight_smile:

Why use our own brains when someone else will do it for us :thinking:

5 Likes

You can put the two together:
Theory:
x ml Nicotine 3mg/ml = y
x’ ml Nicotine 48mg/ml = y’
x + x’ = total ml.
y + y’ = total mg of Nicotine
Total Nicotine / total ml = strength of the nicotine obtained

Example:
50 ml Nicotine x 3mg/ml = 150 mg
50 ml Nicotine x 48mg/ml = 2400 mg
50ml + 50ml = 100ml
150mg + 2400mg = 2550mg

2550mg / 100ml = 25.50 mg/ml

And you get 100ml of nicotine at 25.50mg/ml

I adore mathematics…

I hope that helps and don’t get confused…

4 Likes

That calculator is slightly inaccurate - adding 8ml of 48mg/ml to 100ml of 3mg/ml will produce 108ml at 6.33mg/ml.

Adding 7.14ml will increase 100ml up to 6mg/ml.

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Your answer makes more sense than my math brain :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Any time I can use a calculator I’m better off!

4 Likes

Great! Thank you so much! Looks just like what I need and didn’t know existed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

4 Likes

My teachers always said there would be a use for algebra. I guess they were right. Thanks so much!

4 Likes

There isn’t an inaccuracy; the calculator just tells you the combined value. You can tweak the amounts to obtain the desired results:

3 Likes

The calculator isn’t inaccurate - my example was. You are correct 7.14 mls of 48mg/ml will get you to 6mg/ml dilution with an addition of 100mls of 3mg/ml nic. The calculator works fine: image

4 Likes

My subtle attempt at avoiding any mention of operator error failed, it seems. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

No harm no foul - I was just trying to be of assistance. They may not want to mix 107.14mls of base either, but they can find a solution to the question with the calculator.

2 Likes