Any Recommendations of Full-screen Touch Mods?

As full-screen touch gets popular on smart phones, i guess MODs could also do this.

3 Likes

Yes they could, however I’m not sure how well it would work, considering that we usually end up with sticky fingers from the juice, which could make the screen look pretty messy.

6 Likes

There have been a few already with touch screen. I don’t think they were a major success. Can’t say I have any interest in them either.
The bigger the screen, the bigger the draw on batteries and the more expensive the mod becomes. I want my mod for vaping, not to watch TV or play games. Everybody already has a phone or a tablet for that.
That’s just my opinion, I’m sure you’ll always find people who’ll appreciate it. Mod safety, efficiency, accuracy and temp control (in some form at least) are way more important features than a display screen.

I’m currently vaping on a DNA250C. If the mod came with a minimal screen without color, I’d still prefer it over any other mod on the market.

5 Likes

Hi. I have an Aspire Skystar. I would not recommend it as I had to return mine and take a replacement as the 510 wobbles. My replacement has developed the same fault.

2 Likes

Tried one touch screen and pif’d it. My favorite screens are the black and white on the smaller side. All I need from my screen is wattage/volts, resistance, and battery level.

4 Likes

The Smoant NaBoo has worked fine for me. Nice chipset. Even produces respectable temp control.

5 Likes

@Vaptio_official it would have to be durable, some of us that work outside or with tools can attest to drops or knock overs, so the screen would need serious protection. Probably need to be sealed really well to keep any eliquid runoff from entering the device (through the screen edges). The first ones to do touch screen did a pretty good job, it just didn’t end up as popular as it could have been. A constant lock out to prevent accidental touch can get a little annoying, but a swipe up or swipe down to unlock feature would probably make it easier.

6 Likes

Are you just posting an observation, or are you hinting at something lurking around the corner?

2 Likes

I have come close to picking it up. For 24 dollars I thought “why not” but the touch screen always made me change my mind. So How does the touch screen on that mod work?

BTW the 510 should be a fairly easy fix

1 Like

The touch screen is simple. Double swipes up or down to access screens to change TC values etc or Watts with side swipe to return. The response is not over sensitive in a good way. Nice triple press on the non touch fire button enters stealth. No whistles or bells like some devices which in my opinion is a good thing. Yes the 510 could be fixed with access via tiny Torx or Allen screws. For the price you suggest I would give it a go. I paid 85 GBP with the tank.

2 Likes

I have a Smoant I forget the model. It’s not the Naboo. The touchscreen works great

2 Likes

Wouldn’t this be the reason you ask?

6 Likes

Because no input was ever really considered, gotta close.

8 Likes