Anybody Notice Difference in Harshness Depending on Where Vape is Kept Between Uses?

So this is really weird. I had been dismissing it for a long time, but I think I got it isolated. So I always noticed that my vape is smoother at home, compared to work. Then I noticed that if I keep the vape in my drawer at the reception desk it is nice and smooth. But when I leave it in my office at the back of the clinic, every time, it is harsh. could this be some sort of air circulation continuum or something?

3 Likes

The places where you kept them that got harsh, does those places dark or flooded with light @DRG413 ? Just guessing here, because in my experience, when I forgot and put my juice that have nic in it under sunlight, it will get harsher after a few hours.

4 Likes

Hm. that actually sorta make sense. there is a window in my office and sunlight prolly comes through the blinds. but say I keep it there for half a day and then bring it to my desk, the next time I go outside, it’s smooth again. does that fit into your theory?

4 Likes

Heat can make a mix “thin”. I’ve experienced that, goes back to normal once it’s back to room temperature.

5 Likes

Do you think that being too cold could do that too? Happens in winter also.

2 Likes

Nothing definitive from me but if I were to speculate my money would be on environmental. I know direct sunlight can be detrimental to nicotine by oxidation but I’ve never experienced a harsh vape from it. Just the opposite in fact. Discolored but well steeped.

If you’re in a clinical environment maybe it’s something airborne. Is there any kind of unique ventilation system? Geezus I hope it’s not a TB clinic!

5 Likes

I tend to go out as little as possible in the winter so haven’t a clue. When the dog can talk me into a walk I have no problems vaping. Temps here in southern Illinois seldom get very low for more than a few days.

2 Likes

@DRG413 I don’t know the specifics of your different places, but I know my tanks that I run around with all day, and stay in vehicles quite a bit, ARE more oxidized than others that stay home in the AC. Not harsher per se, but I can see them darker, and they do thin in the heat.

4 Likes

Don’t rule out the very real possibility of Solar Proton Storms. The market in Cosmic Ray shielding devices has produced a number of affordable options for savvy and scientific vaping enthusiasts seeking protection:
https://store.bioelectricshield.com/level-4-bioelectric-ultimate-energy-protection-shield?sku=L4

2 Likes

I love Solar Proton Storms, they give an unbeatable mouth feel to my mixes :smiley:

4 Likes

Strongly recommend consulting real-time Space Weather data sites before removing flavors and bases from Dome of Absolute Certainty. Muon Imaging may reveal “hot spots”, promising new vistas in readiness.

2 Likes

I would suggest that the difference between the 2 locations is ambient temperature - it sounds like the tank is not wicking fast enough when the juice is colder (as the juice is thicker).

8 Likes

That makes sense. I know that sometimes I will hit my vape and it will be somewhat harsh, but not throat hit harsh. Cotton harsh. I am always on the look out for a Throat hit from Hell and it can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

3 Likes

Uummm. I… just… don’t… know… what… to say to that.

4 Likes