Anybody used KidneyPuncher SS with new KPSI?

Thinking about ordering some SS wire from KidneyPuncher and the are hawking their new KPSI rating. Whatever that eieio stands for. Something to do with being less springy. My question is will it mess with the TCR and or TFR settings of the wire?

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so, but we’re gonna find out at some point. I used to take the brûlée torch to my 317L when I used it to get some of the “springy” out. Heating the ss wires up helps with that.

1 Like

You’re right. I’ll order a couple gauges and see what shakes out. Less springy would be a plus anyway.

1 Like

Never used kidney puncher but am a huge fan of stainless! I love to use rayon and stainless combo for best flavor!

My Google prowess has uncovered the term meaning kilopounds per square inch, a measure of nominal tensile strength. I’m not sure if this is correct, or if it is, why it’s important to us.

Great tip! Haven’t ventured away from cotton yet. Still trying this and that to get the best wicking from it. I have developed techniques already that are not main stream. I use less cotton than most I see in reviews. I do remove outer layers. I do not roll it. I will pinch and roll to thread the coil. I don’t comb, I separate and fan. I will trim to amount needed for channel. If I do comb or “tease”, I will do so after inserting into the channel and trim and “lift” last. It is probably about time to try other wicking materials. Rayon sounds like a great starting point! I know I’m an insufferable geek but I just love tweaking the most I can get out of each atty.

1 Like

Lol, You are a better master of the almighty google than I! I found a bunch of mumbo jumbo that had nothing to do with anything trying to find that acronym. Ya, I don’t find find myself breaking a lot of wire while working with it. Me Grog! Snap! Now me have two coils!!!

1 Like

It wicks extremely well and is super easy to work with! I’m running low on rayon and I’ll have to get more soon the shop that used to sell it in long strips went out of business so now I’m looking into places to get it, I’ve heard hair and styling shops carry it but would probably have to ask them and tell them what we need it for. Probably get weird looks from them but I could care less as long as I get what I need lol

Lol, no doubt. If you find a source please let me know if it it’s convenient. Love this hobby!

1 Like

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-saturation-and-nic-hit.561226/ Ya just looked it up it needs to be 100./. Rayon though and be found at any beauty shop lol it’s called cello cotton comes in long footage which also makes it easy to cut what you need rather then pull it apart like cottonbacon!

1 Like

http://www.sallybeauty.com/cellucotton-beauty-coil/SBS-580008,default,pd.html Bam! Lol

1 Like

I would think that a lower KPSI would give less “spring” than a wire with higher KPSI? I’m only ever wrapping simple coils with 26 gauge 316L, so there’s not a whole hell of a lot of “spring” there…

2 Likes

Yeah, Sally’s has it in a lifetime supply. Amazon carries it too. https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Cellucotton-Beauty-Rayon-Fibers/dp/B00PBGJT5A/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500229022&sr=8-6&keywords=Rayon

2 Likes

Thx @TheTinMan1 :+1:

1 Like