Anybody using Joy as a sweetener?

Jimk, it looks good ! I will say I used joy w/ apple a few times. I had one steeping since last month between the apples and joy I swear it smelled like the apples fermented it was disgusting % level total was 9% wth ?
I think i may of had the apple ( mixed two types ) up in the 4% total may of been too much… I am curious if this happens to your juice in a bout a month…if you have any around come then would ya let me know .

1 Like

Bookmarked! to keep you informed.

PS - I noted the cooling effect with Joy as well…hmmmm?

1 Like

I read your in put an at that time hadn’t experienced it, then on another batch…bam ! Very weird almost slight koolada effect but not that extreme. and thank you

2 Likes

I am really enjoying the Joy. A couple days ago I made 30 mls of a mix that was created by Daintanee from VU that had some Fuji, cinnamon, meringue, and a little rum in it and it’s all gone. I also made a 10 ml bottle of it to pass around to the guys at work … It’s gone too … lol :open_mouth: Everyone that has tried it has really liked the flavor. I think it will go great in a cereal mix that I have been working on for a light cereal grain effect.

5 Likes

Any chance I could get a link or a post of the recipe? That sounds awesome.

2 Likes

Daintanee
Gold Contributor

I finally found a way that joy doesn’t overwhelm a recipe. This is a nice baked apple, cinnamon-sugar type funnel cake.

Joyfully Cinnful in Fuji

2% FA Joy
.5%-1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon or TFA Cinnamon Spice ( I like strong cinnamon flavor, but if you don’t go ahead and lower it to your liking.)
.5% FA Fuji apple ( I found 1% of this to much, but try .75% for more Apple taste if ya want.)
.5% FA Apple pie
.5% FA Meringue ( yes, I used the newer stuff here)
.5% FA Jamaican rum
**optional .25% TFA Brown sugar extra ( I like it both ways, sweeter and more baked or browned with this addition.)
.5% FA Vanilla Classic makes it smoother, more better.
Enjoyfully!

5 Likes

Last night I replaced all my kanthal coils with SS and I’m tasting flavors I’ve never tasted before. I’m also noticing the strange after taste I was getting from my recipes with Joy, is not as pronounced with the SS coils. Looks like some of the strange after taste can be attributed to kanthal.

4 Likes

That’s the metallic taste that I’ve spoken about so many times. Most people don’t even notice it until they switch to SS or Ti. I’m sure you won’t miss it though.

1 Like

Sorry JoJo, I work swing shift so I’m a little late replying. The recipe that Pro-Vapes posted is the correct one. Here is a link to her post so you can read the notes on it. I think you will enjoy it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s strange my son asked me if I got a cool affect on exhale. I don’t get that… I confectionate sugar taste. Made glazed donut , joy and tiny drop of cream cheese icing . To replicate raging donut. Surprising it was spot on like there’s. If my son agreed that says very much .

I am finding that no matter how I use joy, how low the %, or how long the steep, I still cannot find that sweet/ sugar taste. It does taste ever so BARELY fried, but the other tastes I get alongside the fried taste are just completely unpleasant.

I never did the PTC taste test in school and now I want to go out and buy some of these strips to see if I get the bitter sensation.

I think everyone who uses FA Joy should do this test and see if there are any correlating results. It bugs me how many recipes I have tried it in and just cannot enjoy it.

I wonder…

2 Likes