Anyone Have Experience Mixing with Nixamide

To anyone who is unfamiliar, Nixamide is a nicotine replacement made with Nicotinamide which is vitamin B3. I bought 120ml in the past and tried several recipes with it. It does transform the taste some but I’m trying to find the right amount to give the same feeling that it provides in another product that uses it called Outlaw Dip. I have some of their dip on hand for comparison. When I use that I get a very calm feeling from it without dulling my senses at all, in fact it sharpens them a little like Nicotine does. Nixamide does not cause me to flush at all and I am currently on a prescription Niacin because a blood test showed that I was very low on B3 so this helps.

I just bought another 120 ml of Nixamide from Higgy Cigs. I tried mixing it before up to double the strength compared to the amount of nicotine I use in the same juice.It seems like it needs to be stronger. I might try quadruple strength.

8 Likes

I forgot that the reason I wanted to put this in the forum is so I can figure out how to use it in a recipe without making problems for the mixing database.

**edited for spelling error

5 Likes

Vitamin B3 works as a statin. Be careful and test your cholesterol as often as you test your B3 levels. If you get uncomfortable with the flushing there are a couple of Niacin products that on the pharmacy shelves. There more expensive than buying pharmaceutical though.
I do 1000mg of pharmaceutical grade (2 X 500mg) daily to reduce cholesterol.
The no flush variant is relatively new so I don’t know much about them and I’m cheap.

7 Likes

I would just enter it in the place of Nicotine, entering “desired strength” and “nicotine strength” in the calculator. For public recipes I would suggest adding a note that you used Nixamide in place of Nicotine.

7 Likes

@authormichellehughes may know or may be able to get you answers

7 Likes

Good point. I don’t think that would affect the database.

6 Likes

How does the taste compare to nicotine?

6 Likes

Nicotine has a slightly pepper -ish taste. As it ages the taste becomes more pronounced. Nixamide has a slightly fruity but also slightly cinnamon -ish flavor. It can mute flavors a noticeable amount so flavors have to be adjusted accordingly but some flavors can be completely covered by it. I’m still working on fine tuning the flavor with the other flavors that are in a specific liquid but there is a noticeable downside to the flavor because of that.

7 Likes

If nicotine has a peppery taste i ŵas off the opinion that it is gone bad.

5 Likes

It has a little pepper to the flavor even when it’s very fresh. We don’t notice it as much in a mixture with flavors. When it’s gone bad it turns golden brown and the pepper flavor is much stronger.

4 Likes

Hi @Tango3 and welcome!!!

Try a light flavor that you know very well with and without nicotine, just make two testers of a few ml, and you will immediately understand how it affects the flavor especially if you vape in MTL. Nicotine, especially in MTL, stimulates the receptors of the tongue and produces the characteristic hit that can be compared to the effect of pepper and/or capsaicin. If the nicotine has gone bad, in addition to the color change as already rightly said, it will have a smell that becomes acrid and pungent, very disgusting in fact, and that characteristic stimulatory return that we could compare to pepper becomes so excessive that it is difficult to not realize it and use it inadvertently.

4 Likes

I just saw this. Jennifer Higginbotham in the beginners diy fb group would be the one to ask.

3 Likes