Anyone in New Orleans, Louisiana?

So sorry , what a disgraceful thing , today im embarrassed to call myself American … @daath from the bottom of my heart my condolences

7 Likes

Geez that’s awful. I’m so sorry @daath.

5 Likes

Well I don’t know if I am embarrassed, especially because we have no details, but I’m am saddened for the loss, and the impact on Lars, and others who knew him.

6 Likes

Ashamed may be a better word …

7 Likes
5 Likes

Well, don’t mean to mince words with you @fidalgo_vapes, and this IS a tragedy, without a doubt. I think I know what you mean, but I disagree. You could no more lump me into the same group of mindless thugs who committed this crime, any more than I could lump you into that group. We are both American citizens.

I am deeply saddened, that this happened in my country, and YES, by my fellow citiznes (I hate to include them in that group, but I must), but I, and you, in no way had anything to do with this, nor most other of our fellow citizens. None of us should be implicated as such, or in any way tied to the behavior of idiots, morons, thugs, etc…

Does this mean that I LOVE everyone (I don’t know everyone) here, hehe ?? Absolutely not. Hell I probably hate most of them, but my point stands. Fidalgo, as always you are free to share any and all opinions that you have, including this subject. I don’t get “triggered”, but if I did, I find that I have a similar reaction, when I see large swaths, or groups of people, or even countries all lumped together, in the event of a tragedy.

I am VERY embarrassed, saddened, and more than upset that this happened, all together, but even more so that it happened in the country that I live. I can however assure you, if myself, any of the Marines in my family, basically ANY military servicemen, or probably even anyone on ELR had been there, IN our country, where this happened, the outcome would have been much different. Of course, there are no guarantees.

I appologize to Lars, for any derailment, and Fidalgo, whom I’ve known here for quite a while, for any word mincing.

10 Likes

Condolences to @daath and Poul’s family for your loss.
Terrible news.

9 Likes

Condolences to @daath and Poul’s family. Paul may your soul Rest In Piece, May God bless you

8 Likes

I’m so sorry this happened, Lars. My condolences to you and his family.

8 Likes

Damn. I’m truly saddened to hear that your friend Poul Hansen lost his life.

My sympathies and condolences to yourself, others who knew him, and his family in this time of mourning.

10 Likes

This is still totally unreal to me :frowning_face:

At least it looks like they found the perpetrator.

https://nopdnews.com/post/may-2019/nopd-makes-quick-arrest-of-suspect-in-homicide-on/

6 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear this Lars, I have no words :no_mouth:

6 Likes

The only good that can come from this.

5 Likes

So saddened & sorry. Condolences to you & his family.

5 Likes

This!

This is a tragedy of the highest order for all that knew him and were close to him, for sure. Condolences to his family and his friend @daath.

@fidalgo_vapes…Every country in the world has some type of criminal element, even as extreme as taking another’s life. The U.S. is no different. But as someone who signed a contract to defend his country, with his life if necessary, your comment about being ashamed and embarrassed to call yourself American is a bit offensive to me.

3 Likes

While technically true, the US is different. Take New Orleans alone (population <400k) - So far, in the first 5 months of this year, there have been more homicides than in the whole of Denmark (population ~5700k) in the whole of 2018.

I think that was some of the underlying thought of what @fidalgo_vapes meant, I think.

Let’s not derail this by discussing that, though - That is for another thread, possibly on another site…

I thank you all for your condolences, it warms a little.

9 Likes

I just saw this in my email and as I read through the thread, I felt so sad. I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ll pray for you and his other friends and family. It’s such a strange feeling too when it’s someone you grew up with. That’s a bond you can’t really share with anyone else the same way, so I imagine it’s bringing up a lot of memories for you. I wish I had something to say to make you feel better, but I’ll avoid the clichés. I’m a stranger, but I really feel for you. Take care of yourself.

10 Likes

Hi @daath, hope you’re going ok, I’m really sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences to you and his family. I pray you all can get some closure asap… take care @daath.

6 Likes