Anyone into flying drones?

did you flip out the first time you flew over water lol?

5 Likes

that sounds about right

1 Like

The best thing about the DJI and most higher end drone is the can be flown in GPS mode that makes them incredibly easy for beginners. Just let go of the controls and it will hover in place, and if you loose contact or connection it will return to “home” and land for you.

8 Likes

gotta love the home button lol

5 Likes

Didn’t flip out but a little voice in my head was saying “WTF are you doing? What if you loose power??” :flushed:

4 Likes

Yep. My bebop does that. I’ve had mine return to within 2ft of the original take-off point.
But the problem is obstacle avoidance on the trip home.

4 Likes

same… it was like tentative loops back and forth to shore.

2 Likes

I have a Phantom 4 pro and its a fantastic machine. RTH works well although i don’t use it really…no emergencies yet!! You can set the RTH height and the drone will climb to that height before it flys back so you can set the height according to the height of obstacles in the fly zone. The only time that goes wrong is if you’re underneath a tree or something when you hit the rth button. Love my machine though…seriously impressive stuff.

4 Likes

I set my return height to 350 feet to make sure I avoid anything in it’s path.:+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the one thing the Bebop doesn’t have. I can set it to return home after xx amount seconds from loosing the signal but there’s no option to program the altitude AFAIK.

2 Likes

Let me ask y’all another question…
Have any of you ever actually had to contact an airport to give notification of your flight plans?

2 Likes

I own a Hubsan X4 H502E Desire, I had fun with it when it was new, only cost $100, now there down to about $70. I had the most fun just flying up and looking around from altitude. It has GPS and is a great cheap entry level GPS drone.

3 Likes

I never have, but I mostly fly in the countryside or mountains. I’ve been told my DJI app will also warn me if I’m attempting to fly in a restricted area. However I have not tried it out.

3 Likes

No I haven’t had to contact an airport but my bird warns me if I am in a restricted area and i have to take responsibility for the flight. Most countries have various restrictions in place over most of the country there are not many truly free areas. There often not totally banning a flight but you have to abide by height restrictions etc.

2 Likes

Well… I did it… I pulled the trigger… Go Big or Go Home!!!

About This Item

We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer

12MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor
2x 24-48mm Optical Zoom + Dolly Zoom
48MP Super Resolution Photos
OcuSync 2.0 Transmission Technology
Up to 31 Minutes Flight Time
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
Hyperlapse Time-Lapse Mode
Top Speed of 44.7 mph
Enhanced HDR Photos with 13 EV
Remote Controller Included

• DJI AUTHORIZED DEALER!! 3 BATTERY (TOTAL) BUNDLE

• Kit Includes:

• DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

• DJI Mavic 2 Part2 Intelligent Flight Battery x2

• SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card - SDSQXAF-032G-GN6MA [Newest Version]

• ULTIMAXX Landing Pad For Mavic (50cm/20in)

• ULTIMAXX Remote Control Bracket W/ Lanyard for All Mavics & Sparks

• ULTIMAXX Mavic Air Thumb Controllers-Black (2)

• ULTIMAXX Mavic Air Thumb Controllers-Red (2)

• ULTIMAXX MAVIC PRO RANGE EXTENDER / BOOSTER

• ULTIMAXX Drone Vest for Mavic/Mavic Air/Spark

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 Charger Hub / 4 Batteries / LED Screen / Folding

• ULTIMAXX Mavic Remote Controller Extender for Tablets/Phones

• ULTIMAXX LARGE REMOTE SUNSHADE FOR MAVIC/P3-4/OSMO

• ULTIMAXX Microfiber Cleaning Cloth

• ULTIMAXX High Speed SD/SDHC/Micro SD Reader/CARD READER

• ULTIMAXX RC PROTECTOR FOR MAVIC / SPARK

• ULTIMAXX VR Goggles

• ULTIMAXX VR WIRELESS REMOTE

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 Dual Car Charger with USB Port

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 Zoom Lens Cap / Gimbal Stabilizer - Clear

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 Lens Hood (Black)

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 Landing Gear Stabilizer Grey

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 battery bag - (single)

• ULTIMAXX Mavic 2 low noise props (4)

• ULTIMAXX 8pc Filter Kit for Mavic 2 Zoom

• ULTIMAXX Hardshell Backpack for Mavic 2

7 Likes

Congrats! Holy crap that’s a great price for that bundle! You’re going to have a buttload of fun with that bad boy. Just be careful where you fly.

6 Likes

UPDATE: in a moment of overconfidence… crashed the drone… pretty bad. LOL sending it in to DJI this week to repair the gimbal.

4 Likes

I know this is a bit late, but I was investigating what the sound was, a large buzzing, … maybe a bat was a wrong choice, it could’ve been a herd …or. school…or group of bees I stood no chance

4 Likes

Just in case anyone is interested, the drone bundle I purchased has lowered in price. It’s now $1390… I paid $1570 for mine. Also my drone arrived today… 1 day early and I have every item advertised in the bundle. A pretty sweet deal if you’re thinking about getting a drone!

DJI Mavic 2 Bundle

4 Likes

Don’t that piss you off? Same thing happened when I bought mine. A week later it was reduced by $100!

6 Likes