Anyone into flying drones?

Hell yeah… Could have got an extra battery and more. I also ordered a fly more kit from DJI directly… It haven’t even shipped yet. I’ll be out of town next week and I won’t be here when it’s delivered. I’ll have to put a vacation hold on it… Kinda Sux!

5 Likes

If it hasn’t been shipped yet maybe you could cancel it and then re buy?

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up… I’ve used Fedex vacation hold before so I’ll have it held until I return. I just didn’t know DJI was a slow shipper. I might see if Fedex will forward it to my vacation destination because I’ll need those extra batteries. I’ll check it all out once it’s shipped.

4 Likes

Yep, guess who lives within the five miles and within 500 yards of a planned landing pattern? Me! Had mine up a few years ago and nowhere near altitude much less near the pattern and in my yard. We got a visit. Oops. Kids wanted to play and yes it was sold. Couldn’t play within the yard and the height of the trees, SOLD it was. :smile:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity… Was it from airport security? FAA? Or local/County/State municipality?
(Just wondering if the buck was passed down, and if so, how far… Or if you got “rolled up on” by the ‘Big Dogs’?)

3 Likes

Airport themselves. We live in a small city that should be considered a “town” still. Funny thing was is that the other half’s son in law is on the board to the field. Dad is chairman. We slid under the ropes of being fined out the rear. Who knew that our tree tops and drones would be an issue? I think it was older neighbors that freaked myself. It was fun for the few weeks we played. But not fun whenever we got the visit. I knew to keep it within the yard and under and really was going to use it at the lake home, it wasn’t worth the younger kids begging. I got my money out of it though. Thank goodness!

4 Likes

Yeah, some of the time.

Go read and find the forums regarding customer service with DJI. Yeah…

2 Likes

I have an Android app called ‘B4UFly’ that will also warn you about restricted airspace. Sadly for me, the app lights up like a POW camp where I live! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Here’s a little drone video footage from may vacation a couple weeks ago. It’s a little rough as I’m still learning.

Uptown Charlotte NC

5 Likes

Argg…had to disable my VPN to play it.
The FAA lets you fly around metro areas like that?

3 Likes

I get warnings in no-fly zones per the Mavic app. I didn’t get a warning so I flew it. I have had to request a waiver in some areas, but not there.

2 Likes

Drones of the near future.

I always dreamt of seeing flying cars in my lifetime but I can live with this.

3 Likes