Anyone seen this scale?

Im not sure how it would work out in a formula , but if I’m making a 30ml bottle of juice and the recipe calls for .06 MF lemon but my scales is off and im putting in .12 then my recipe is going to be off … That is why I calibrate my scale … If that makes sense… It might work out to be the same since your starting at zero on the scale Im not sure bc I calibrate my scale… If the calculator says .16 grams of TPA kettle corn and I accidentally put in .20grams I dont worry , if I do that with a flavor like say Mf lemon im a little concerned

4 Likes

This is a little bit extreme, that’s being off by a full 100% but it’s OK to make your point.
My point is just, if it’s off for your .06g by 100%, wouldn’t it also be off in the same way for a .20g making it .40g? The scale (don’t mean the tool but %) remains the same, the difference would be your total volume but not the % at which your flavors are used. The scale doesn’t have its own will and be off on 1 flavor and not with another.
If you’re aiming for greater accuracy, I would rather suggest to get a 0.001g scale instead of a 0.01g scale and get a laboratory quality one (which is at least a few 100 bucks), not a kitchen quality scale that most of us use.
Are you ready for this?

2 Likes

i have no clue !!! Like i said earlier , I have no clue what it would equal , how to work the problem out , i use the calculator and my scales for those things … I only know IMO that calibrating your scale isn’t a bad idea , if your scale is off and you end up putting too much of a flavor in your mix it CAN be an issue… Thats it

BTW yes i would love that scale lol , just not if I had to pay for it

5 Likes

I’m going to get the damn weight already. It’s only $6. Nothing to lose. And yes, the 7 flavor recipe I mentioned was all Flavorah but none of the flavors you mentioned. But one, Smooth Vanilla, takes 1 drop per 30 mls according to Smoky.

3 Likes

I have one from Ohause, love mine… goes to .0002g

All scales that are decent will be sensitive to things like:

Lighting
electronic pulses (specially pc/laptops)
even if there is a crack in the wall…

Mine calibrates itself… I bought mine from the lab where I work, 3 yrs ago and it’s still going strong.

5 Likes

using all flv… remember that 1 drop = .02g on a scale like aws501… using my big boy tho I can actually see even farther… but unless you are mixing commercially, the .02g standard is the norm :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Speaking of the devil :wink: I imagine that scale was pricey beyond my budget, ey?

2 Likes

If your scale is off tho, your recipe will be off too… you will notice it by taste.
especially if mixing larger batches.

3 Likes

That’s valuable information to have. I’m going to be a bit heavy on the Smooth Vanilla because for some reason 1 drop didn’t register at all and I couldn’t help myself and dropped another. Everything else dropped in fine but that one.

2 Likes

Sometimes the first drop doesnt register bc the .02 is too low… If I am mixing and I have a recipe that calls for .04 grams or less ill just keep the last flavors total on the scale and then it shld register proper

2 Likes

Searching drops = grams = mls, etc. I found a conversion calculator that said 1 drop = 0.05ml. Is this correct?

2 Likes

Thx, I started to realize that as I was progressing through the flavors.

3 Likes

@anon84779643 That Sugar Orchid smelled really nice :+1:

2 Likes

one drop should be registering, @muth

2 drops of svan… you will be fine… I have used and enjoyed 3 drops, but that recipe, the vanilla is a bit laid back… might want to recheck your scales tho…

4 drops and higher is just too much for me, but experiment! :slight_smile:

No… 1 ml is = to 1 gram… :slight_smile:

Me love loves that sugar orchid!! :smiley:

1 Like

I was looking at a drop conversion but, personally, I don’t understand how drops can be accurate when it depends on the bottle or dropper you’re using, Speaking of squeezing bottles, that’s my only beef. I have a damaged right thumb and some of the flavor bottles are very stiff. It’s not always easy for me to keep squeezing for so long, lol.

5 Likes

this is why folks went to percentages years ago because the bottle tips were not uniform.

Dealing with one flavor company tho, like flv even with their nipples and dropper tops, I still get an exact .02g per drop… this is how I do it… :slight_smile:

This is also why it is important to know how many drops per ml for your recipes, so your grams match the grams on elr’s site

99% of all flv recipes not by me and a select few are so off on this because they do not correct the calculator (don’t give a damn) and think they can use flv like fa or the rest of manufactures… they wont get the true gist of the flavors they are using.

2 Likes

Which calculator, the one on ELR? Because that’s the only one I use.

3 Likes

yes… I do not know about other calculators… but elr does have a spot to put how many drops per ml in your recipe area…

7-14-2019%209-50-17%20PM

2 Likes

if your info doesn’t match elr’s info then the next person mixing your mix is going to wonder what is up with the recipe too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got my Flavorah from BCF and some of the bottles were different from each other. So, you must buy from Flavorah?

2 Likes