Anyone used Mastiha or mahlepi from VTA and opinions

I bought these flavours from VTA mahlepi and mastiha . I’m of greek ancestry so these flavours are familiar to me but not in eliquid anyone used these?

7 Likes

I’m afraid not by me but I’m interested to see if anyone has and what they’ve done with them.

4 Likes

Since you’re already familiar with the flavor (I’m not) do a ‘Single Flavor Test’ and you’ll be able to judge what percentage to use. Any additional companion flavors are up to you.

3 Likes

Being one of the site’s eccentrics I have both.

Obviously @TorturedZen is correct on you putting in the effort with SFTs. Although, here are some basic notes:

Mastiha is similar in character to gum Arabic and can be used as an alternative to many of the lighter gummy or chewing gum flavours. As it does have a piney character, I like to add it to herbal blends.

Mahlepi is another concentrate which could be classed as an additive. I’ve used it in a few tobacco blends to give a more nuanced bitter almond and cherry husk note than the in-your-face Beer Nuts.

They are both useful condiments for accent and body adjustments, though they do take a fair bit of testing to get to grips with them. So, time for you to get down to SFTing them.

Here’s some examples of how I’ve used them.

I really need to get down to V2s for these.

4 Likes

There’s always one nutter who has.

1 Like

Sounds like it would go great with Sage and Cinnamon….

1 Like

VTA mahlepi and mastiha

I have both if you want them. Still unopened, just got it about a month ago. I’m just going to stick with my beloved fruits.

3 Likes

I really do enjoy it with Sage. I think using it as part of the body in a Red Cinnamon candy would be a fun idea.

1 Like

Well, I pondered and made a mk1. It’ll be interesting to see how this one develops.

1 Like

It’s Vape train I have both tried both and still 3 years later still don’t know what the heck they are. Both were really strange flavors.

2 Likes

There are definitely ones I class as condiments: ones to add an accent to a blend at tiny percentages.

Making either dominant in a recipe is a bad idea until you know how to straddle them.

1 Like