Apple Flavor Suggestions

Small batch lol… I used to sell our shine to the abc stores… but I had to stop…
Obvious reasons :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been buying many flavorah flavors lately myself. That dang Eggnog smells like I just pulled it off the shelf!!! Waiting on that to steep in my tester.

2 Likes

Small tips to help, perhaps… a friend of mine created these vids to show a bit…
You really do not need much at all with Flavorah…

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

6 Likes

So from the second video he likes the Red apple :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My main point is to try your solos first… and see where you can start to taste… then where you like the flavor and when it is too much… applies to apples oranges and bananas… sometimes creams nuts deserts and tobaccos… :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

JF Apple is really good. I got it as a free throw in and was surprised. Kinda like apple juice with some crisp, very flavourful.
CAP Double Apple tastes like Macintosh Apple to me, also very good.

4 Likes

I found a great new Apple yesterday. Thai Apple (WF) (SC). Great natural apple hit. Tart, sweet, surprised me.

4 Likes

I really agree with that because I am finding I need flavors at higher levels to taste them :frowning:

5 Likes

Here is the science in simple terms for all of that, Michelle…

Our bodies change (not just taste buds, but molecular, structurally) every:
3 days
3 weeks
3 months
3 years…

So within 7 yrs, you are no longer the person you are today…

Every time you “change” you have wants needs and cravings…
Those are depending on what is changing and what has not.

Your equipment isnt the same as the equipment you started on either… all of that changes…

so it is a good idea to keep going over your flavors to find:

oh I can start to taste “X” flavor now at 2 drops… (or 10 what ever the case maybe)
This flavor at “X” spot tastes good or I can not stand “X” flavor at 10%

Those 3 points in knowing your flavors will be the ones that can and will make and break a recipe, designed for yourself. Plucking random number because Joe Bloe uses Strawberry at 15% so it must be good, is silly… because you are not “Joe Bloe”…

Taste is very subjective, as well as the equipment you use :smiley:

6 Likes

Makes sense. I started vaping with the nautilus mini and now vape on my favorite Tobecco Supertank. I’ve tried RDA/RDTA’s but it makes me cough, so the only time I use them is testing flavors with a MTL RDTA

3 Likes

Updating notes here. Apple Stark worked really good and the double apple cap has become a favorite for another reason. I found that if you pushed that double apple cap behind another fruit it gives a really juicy mouth feel to fruits without being really apple to me. I have to thank Wayne Walker on that one for his watermelon recipe because that’s where I discovered that. I can use Watermelon and Double Apple alone for that juicy watermelon. So then pushed it to strawberry and it strangely worked too. I have yet to move to peaches because of one bad experience with peaches, but I’ll get there one day LOL

3 Likes

I’d have to agree with using apple to enhance other fruits. The sour strappleberry mix I make uses FA Fuji apple and it really enhances the strawberry so much so that’s it’s hard for m to distinguish the Fuji apple in it after a month or so.

4 Likes

ooohhh I mixed that Fuji with Granny Smith Green apple vt… and it works but I just bet if we stick that double apple behind it… it will pop more THANKS for that idea!!!

2 Likes

May be a dash of cinnamon
And a tad of green apple
And a touch of dragon fruit.

2 Likes

I’m going to work NF Ginger into something apple…

3 Likes

no cinnamon for me (hangs head in sorrow) but heck yeah on the green apple (which I don’t have dang it) and dragon fruit

3 Likes

Maybe then green apple and a hint of mint… Just a hint of cooling (not sure what gives that cooling hint out there in the market, I’m a newbie :blush::blush:)

2 Likes

You are going to hate me now… lol Koolada or WS 23 for the mint but I can’t do those either … I don’t know if that’s related to my COPD diagnosis but I have problems with cinnamon and menthol like flavors… yeah suck to be me but heck yeah you can do it and tell me about it. I will definitely pick up a green apple to go with the Granny Smith to see if that gives a little more green apple flavor

3 Likes

Certain spices can irritate I know.

1 Like