Apple pie crust ideas?

So i have a recipe for apple pie i made, but i just havent nailed the crust quite right. The apple and sweetness is just about perfect after a week steep, but im not getting enough of the bakery crust flavor i intended with it… Any suggestions for a good pie crust (i dont have Pie Crust)

1 Like

I think apple pie FA is more of the pie crust.

You can also use biscuit INW for bakery additions in small amounts.

You can also add a small amount of AP. Acetyl prezeyline (hell yeah that’s a spelling error).

3 Likes

I dont have AP or Apple Pie, i did use some Biscuit at 0.5% with some Graham Cracker Clear, and Cinnamon Roll FW, maybe ill try upping the biscuit a little? Or i wonder if Cinnamon Danish Swirl would work better than Cinnamon Roll?
The crust im going for is there just gets drowned out by the apple still. Maybe ill try upping the crust ingredients half percent or so and see how it goes.

1 Like

Here is what ive got going on so far.
Like i said the apple and sweetness is right where i want it, just need the crust im lookin for now :slight_smile: i want this mix to live up to its name hahah

1 Like

What about joy FA?

I don’t know how it will play with cinRoll, but I find it really gets along with biscuit INW at low percents.

2 Likes

Nope no joy either lol… Damn so many to add to my list. What is joy anyway i see it alot but no clue about it lol

1 Like

It’s supposed to be funnel cake. But many find it really hard to work with and taste like a yeasty beer.

I found both effects…the yeast taste when used at the wrong percent is not a good taste.

Amy has a biscuit and joy recipie that I really like…augmented slightly. I would post it, but when I stepped up to a 30ml bottle the flavor wasn’t what I wanted…and I think I messed up a measurement. Got remake that this weekend.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have cake batter, nonas, cinnamon danish swirl, cinnamon roll, biscuit, graham cracker clear and cap’s v1, sugar cookie. Thats most of my bakery type flavorings of top of my head.
Wonder if adding a little sugar cookie in like 1% and upping the cin roll half percent or so might do it… Hmm so many options lol

1 Like

I find Joy adds a ‘bready’ note to bakery mixes, but it can be a lot sweeter, more candy-floss [cotton candy] like in fruit mixes. It’s one you need to experiment with. Can’t pin it into a specific category. At it’s heart it is a sweetener though.

It could work with biscuit, graham cracker and maybe something like vanilla cupcake to give a pie crust effect maybe.

1 Like

Do you have any FA Joy? it’s got a yeasty flavor you might get somewhere with the biscuit and Joy combined.

1 Like

No i dont have joy.

1 Like

you could always try some flour, shortening salt and a very small amount of water you will get the crust flavor if you steep it warm enough but I doubt it will vape worth a darn. rotflmao

3 Likes

out of context that statement seems depressing.

4 Likes

Lmao it does doesnt it

2 Likes

use .5% INA Biscuit and .5% TFA Banana Nut Bread

1 Like

:frowning: wish i had banana nut bread too lol

2 Likes

BNB is nice stuff, you need to make an order, get that and Joy and, well, apple pie :smiley:

3 Likes