Are some companies watering down or adding PG to the flavor concentrates?

Are some companies watering down or adding PG to the flavor concentrates?

I am not pointing any fingers but I noticed that the flavorings that I ordered from Wizard Labs look watery and they do not smell as rich as the one I just received from EcigExpress

again I am not accusing this company of thinning the liquids but my suspensions are that something is not right. I had 4 people tonight look and smell several of the Capella flavorings that I bought from Wizard Labs with Wizard lab labels on them, and the Capella flavoring that I bought from EcigExpress with original Capella labels on them. All 4 people said that the Wizard labs liquids looked watery and did not smell as rich as the ones in the bottles with the Capella labels on them.

Just was wondering.

1 Like

I have no experience with either company as I’m in the UK but from what you have said / experienced it would seem that something isn’t right… Maybe drop them an email asking?

2 Likes

Diluting the flavors in order to make them weaker and make a buck would be suicide in the business if someone ever found out, so i have a hard time believing they would do that. Not shaking the flavors enough before putting it into smaller bottles can happen by mistake.
Do what @Grubby said and shoot them an email asking how come it seems like the flavors you bought from them seem to lack in strength.

3 Likes

That could be a possibility I suppose, I am sure they would not admit that they were diluting if they were. I would most likely get the Dr Crimmys answer. Either way

I am sticking with EcigExpress moving forward.

1 Like

Whoops, misunderstood.

@OldTimeCustard is taking about the distributers who re-bottle the flavors from the manufacturers.

1 Like

I would think if they got caught doing that Capella or Flavor Art wouldn’t let them sell it anymore.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you and like I said I am not accusing them of doing this. When I asked them today on the phone they said that they do not dilute. All I am saying is comparing there re-bottled flavors to the exact flavor from another vendor from the original manufacturer the originals look a bit thicker and smell much more aromatic and rich. Another thing that I noticed is that the more diluted and weaker smelling flavors do not have cap seals on them when they are shipped.

1 Like

I just cant see either of those companies doing it. It would be suicide for their business.

Lets hope not but it’s all about the bottom dollar these days. You would be surprised what some companies will do to make a buck.

Boy I hope they wouldn’t do that.

1 Like

If Wizard Labs happens across this post

Just a few suggestions that I feel would help you in fulfillment and customer retention moving forward.

Quicker dispatch and shipping times
Sealed caps on all flavors (All Liquids)
Print the original manufacturers name larger on the bottles
Offer ratings, reviews and feedback on your website for your products
(Why this is not active on the website is suspect in itself)
Offer coupons or a point system for return buyers

3 Likes

On the subject of rebottling… d’ya think the dude/dudette in that Florida warehouse, who is getting paid $8.10 hr, is gonna take the time to stir or shake whatever flavor is in that drum before he/she sucks out the amount of whatever is written on his work order form? … (pregnant pause) … Nope. :smirk:

I learned over time to buy direct from the manufacturer… and even then, it can be hit or miss. Quality control is a difficult directive.

3 Likes

Very good point Kinnikinnick

1 Like