Aroma of vapor

There was an article on Yahoo talking about vaping, and SO many commenters keep saying that they’re “sick of vapers stinking up the air with their foul smoke”, or words to that effect. First of all, are they really that ignorant to think that vapes produce smoke? Secondly, I’ve hardly ever been able to detect the smell of vapor in the air, and when I do, it’s not unpleasant at all. You’re more likely to smell a person’s perfume or cologne. I just don’t get this rabid anti-vaping furor.

3 Likes

To be honest the smell does hang out for a bit when stealth vaping in doors. Occasionally I get the comment of it smells sweet up here, like fruit or marshmallow. Oh yeah, that’s some obaoba with strawberry.

Most of those smells are pretty good and not offensive. However, I can imagine that some of the Tabbaco clones may not smell super pretty.

I always vape tobacco juices and people tell me it smells really good. Some people are just uptight f@*kers in desperate need of some real problems so they can stop looking for imaginary ones. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

'Tis true! I have a tobacco mix (Mile Seven from ECX or Mild Seven from SC) which smells heavenly, with the aroma of maple syrup! I get compliments on it all the time. :grinning:

I agree with @Josephine_van_Rijn; there are folks that are going to “see smoke” and think it’s noxious, no matter the scent of the vapor. :smirk:

I have a co-worker that has made my life hell; it’s down to the point now where if she just sees my setup, she assumes I’m vaping and will rat on me to the supervisors. :rage:

4 Likes

Exactly, @Josephine_van_Rijn . I even think that some smoking bans are over-the-top, such as government-imposed smoking bans in private businesses like restaurants, since no one is obligated to eat there if they don’t want to. But vaping bans seem to me to be utterly ridiculous across the board. I’ve heard of some municipalities where vaping is banned even in vape shops, which is about as stupid as it gets.

2 Likes

Burn the witch! :innocent:

2 Likes

I bet all your Tabacco vapes are fantastic.

That being said people are people. Just to play devils advocate…when I smoked cigs I didn’t have a problem with the smell.

On the other side of the house I’m not a big fan of how a few of my local shops smell. Maybe I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s disgusting…but I surely do vape. I would say sometimes not very pleasant.

1 Like

@Kinnikinnick - [quote=“Kinnikinnick, post:4, topic:62407”]
there are folks that are going to “see smoke” and think it’s noxious
[/quote]

I wonder if it wasn’t a mistake to come up with the word “e-cigarette” in the first place, because it conveys the notion to the uninformed that there’s not much difference between vaping and smoking. But being uninformed is one thing; being willfully ignorant is quite another.

1 Like

Can you just imaging what the a/c system air ducts of a vape shop must look like on the inside! :scream: All that PG and VG stuck to the inside walls, gathering all the dust and gak floating in the air… gathering all the flavor molecules from every different vape mix vaped in the shop! No wonder it smells funky! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Kinnikinnick [quote=“Kinnikinnick, post:9, topic:62407”]
All that PG and VG stuck to the inside walls
[/quote]

A good reminder that what we’re inhaling is not really a vapor at all, but rather an aerosol composed of tiny droplets. I would think (and hope) that our lungs can clean out those droplets a lot easier than tar from cigarette smoke.

I have one dog that loves two or three of my vapes scents. I’ll be vaping one of the ones I make with peaches and cream in it and she’ll get on my lap and sniff the air every now and then. She doesn’t do it as I exhale and there’s a lot of vapor in the air but a few seconds later as if she’s picking up on the slight lingering aroma. lol

I suggest that you put a dead mouse in the bottom drawer of her desk. In a few days that will give her something real to complain about.

1 Like

It’s a state law in Utah.

No, that won’t work with her. She actually picks up dead critters on the roadside buries them, waits for nature to do her job, digs up the bones of said critter and then makes “art” out of the skeleton (she’s a freak). So, foul natural smells don’t bother her. BUT, what does bother her is man made odors. Therefore, my goal is to find the most foul “AXE for Men” body spray and spray it through the vents of her employee locker. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

See if you can find a bottle of Jade East or Brutte and put it in a squirt gun. The locker, the carpet around her desk, on items she will touch or handle if she wears loose fitting pants get her in a crowd and get her pant legs. :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Her favorite perfume is probably Eau d’ B.O.

2 Likes

Your guess is quite correct, I can tell you for a fact! :scream:

1 Like

Here you go…

http://www.add2box.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Brut-Original-Deodorant-Spray-for-Men-200-ml-0-173x300.jpg - should do the trick?

1 Like