Ascorbic Acid and Other Additives: Super Topic

WHAT ? I haven’t refrigerated mine at all …how long have you had your’s ? I have had mine for a few months like since Feb. & it looks fine outside of the crystals that form around the dripper bottle.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware of it needing refrigeration until recently .The warning is on the top part of the plastic film that comes off as soon as you open it.:scream:
I picked up two bottles and have since stored the unopened one in the fridge.The other bottle sits with my mixing supplies in a dark closet in the basement.I have had mine for a little over six months and it hasn’t changed color yet but I have mine in a needle tip clear bottle so I can check before using.

3 Likes

Mines in a clear bottle too , ok good to know

2 Likes

I have no idea what happened to make yours turn black but mine is fine.

I’m still using the first bottle I ever bought, purchased it on Dec. 14th of 2015. The day I brought it home; I transfered it to an HDPE bottle and I’ve kept it stored in a drawer on my mixing bench at room temp.

Here’s what it looks like today…

4 Likes

Must be the darkness. My mixing room isnt dark.

2 Likes

I’ve used their sweet and Tart, as well as their sour and love them both

I do use the Flavor Wset “Sour” but I’m not sure if that has ascorbic acid in it or not:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/browse-flavorings/flavor-additives/sour-by-flavor-west.html

I use in all of my fruit and menthol recipes. I use it at about .75% it does add a kick but I find it’s like cactus in that you have to use sparingly.

Works great in citrus menthol and strawberry/peach menthol recipe specifically :slight_smile:

So I have joined you friend ! I bought some ascorbic acid as well as some citric acid and some Erythritol solution all of which are in a Vg base. So… I’ll post my findings once I get some batches brewed and tested !

3 Likes

yes it burns at a higher temp i love the stuff

1 Like

Please do let me know how it goes, acids and sweeteners should all be tested in this thread. Hopefully a couple of them unlock our mixes.

Still having no luck with malic acid, I feel like everyone who uses it and likes it is experiencing a placebo effect. I can never quite put a finger on what it does…

1 Like

The only time I know Malic acid works is when I use a Vg based flavor and it’s more abundant in richness, now take that fwiw since sme ppl put 10-15% in a mix of 1 flavor that isn’t something I’ll do unless I vape something on it’s own. Real Flavors have to steep I see a difference when I do use sour (malic acid ) w/ them they are
"unlocked " as you say w/ around 1-2 % sour for those reading this ,2% doesn’t add that sourness your thinking at all just wakes the flavoring up. I won’t say they steep shorter but perhaps maybe ? Not sure I agree w/ the placebo effect on the traditional flavors w/ pg I can’t say for a sure fact I’ve ever known it to make an astounding difference w/ them unless you’ve managed to use some crazy % of it and that doesn’t sound very good :smile: I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

…and bump.

recent thread re: listed ingredients in a Commercial e-juice …been searching ELR for Lactic Acid

Lactic Acid? Tank cracker? Availability? Sounds like something that could be good in a Yogurt recipe. Known common flavs high in Lactic Acid?

2 Likes

I don’t know the credibility of this but…
https://www.bibra-information.co.uk/downloads/toxicity-profile-for-lactic-acid-1990/

1 Like

This flavors of TFA contain lactic acid. :slightly_smiling_face:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx?cas=50-21-5

4 Likes

Perfect… Thanks :smile:

1 Like

Welcome :wink:

2 Likes