Aspire Prestige MIXX Mod Reviewed by SessionDrummer

@KC111 Computer Numeric Control.

4 Likes

Thank you D-man.

3 Likes

Great review, as always and as always, great pics. Never thought of having SBS mods, but I’ve found that they have some good practical uses. Primarily their pocket friendliness. I’m very tempted, but have one important question: do you find it at all underpowered? This has been my experience with all the Aspire mods I’ve owned in the past. It drove me nuts!

5 Likes

Thank you very much @Lostmarbles, I appreciate it. TBH, even after dabbling in some boros, I’d almost rather run a SBS. Depending on the tank, can be great flavor, on the small, at a fraction of the cost, and/or hassles.

6 Likes

I’ve got the paradox mod and I’ve had no problems it’s the same chip the only thing I could say it’s more small one coiler tanks is where it’s best most I run mine around the 30/40 watts @SessionDrummer ive ordered the 21700 tube conversion it’s on the slow boat from china for the Mixx I’ll let you all know when it lands

6 Likes

Good stuff @Grabbo.

4 Likes

The last SbS I bought was this Kizoku by Techmod. Reasonably priced and adequately powered for an 18650.

8 Likes

Wow, I have the Athena Envy Plus which takes an external 18650. Haven’t used it for years. That’s the original Merlin RTA in there. Sits perfectly flush to the top making it look like an AIO mod. I miss that Merlin, too. I should wick up that old school bad boy and have a vape, by george :rofl:

7 Likes

That looks much better!
I didn’t even realise that an external battery model was manufactured. If I had I would have bought one.
I did own the 17mm version but unfortunately I brought it to work and a colleague unbeknown to me moved it into an area that flooded. As the charge point is on the bottom it went haywire and eventually fizzled out. I did take it apart but it was cactus.
I used to use that with the Kanger Subtank nano and rebuild the coils. It paired up and worked very well but not after going for a swim.

5 Likes

Ha tubes in BUT the granddaughters legged it with the mod it’s wrapped for Xmas :rage: update in 6 weeks

5 Likes