Assistance with a first time remix/clone (menthol)

Hi I’ve been mixing for a few weeks now. I am still very inexperienced and I’m starting to branch out into making my own recipes and I’m searching for a good all day vape. My staple when I was still buying commercial was Jenny by silverback. This was a strawberry watermelon menthol. I’ve gotten a few flavors and I’m trying to nail down just a single part of the profile. The most important note that I taste in this liquid is the menthol. It doesnt seem to have any sort of mint note to it and it is a very strong menthol with a hit in the front of the throat. I’m looking into different brands to emulate it and get that strong flavor without getting medicinal. I started testing with Capella menthol first and I can barely taste it at 5% in a mix. Any menthol heads out there that can recommend some brands or percentages for me to try? I’m just trying to nail down one note right now, because I know I’m taking on more than I can chew and I’m trying to teach myself the next steps in mixing. (I can follow recipes easily and I’ve had some good success so far).

Any help would be appreciated, and if you’ve tasted this juice and are a fan that would be even better!
Thanks!

4 Likes

Might try Menthol Artic Winter (FA). 1.5-2.0%.

6 Likes

I’m no menthol expert because I hated menthol cigarettes but when I tried my first menthol vape with a menthol honeydew melon I really liked it. Your SB/Watermelon sounds great. I keep seeing WS-23 at BCF and other flavor vendors. It’s a cooling agent also called Koolada. Just another option.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. What do you think makes that a good choice? Not challenging just curious.

5 Likes

I’m not rcleven but did you check out the flavor notes on the recipe side. There will be ratings and mixer’s personal notes on each flavor.

4 Likes

When I heard that my state was banning menthol cigarettes I googled menthol crystals and found them all over the place. I was laughing because all a smoker would have to do is take a tiny crystal of menthol and insert it in the tip of their cigarette and they would have a menthol cigarette all the way through their smoke.

4 Likes

I haven’t used a menthol in two years when I was mixing for my son in law. He was buying a straight menthol mix from a local house and basically it was Artic Winter. It matched your discription you gave in your OP. Menthol with no mint taste. Percentage may be off slightly but it should be in the ball park to start.
Never tasted your commercial juice but I’ll bet most of the recipe will be from one or two flavor house’s.

4 Likes

@muth i had heard of that feature but I haven’t been able to find the area on the site. I’ll hunt for it. Right now I’m just going off of DiyorDie’s noted series to get my flavor notes.

I did get koolada as well with my “big order” and didn’t get enough “oomph” out of it but I only did suggested at 2% and didn’t go any higher. I’m needing to solo them out again at higher percentages and see if that improves the experience.

Thanks for helping!

3 Likes

Hi @Element4, crash course for you my friend…

Go to the top of this page.
Click on “resource page” link on right-hand-side.
Go to the top on right-hand-side and click on “user”.
In the dropdown you’ll see “flavour list”. Click on it.
Then just use the search box until you find the one you want.
There you can click on notes, ratings, most commonly used with and recipes.

Hope this makes it easier for you. Have fun :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Dardy!

4 Likes

If you take @Dardy’s suggestion and after your search results come up, make sure you click the RECIPES column. That will sort and re-order the recipes, putting the most that contain your flavor at the top.

4 Likes

Yeah, forgot to mention that part. Thanks for that @TorturedZen, ya blood’s worth bottlin’ mate :+1:

5 Likes

Thanx, and no worries. We all need to work together so the recipe side doesn’t get any worse than it is. :blush:

3 Likes