Atomizer for temp control

Being new to the temp control here’s a question. I have a joytech vtc mini with a kanger tech sub tank. My atomizer is reading .18 OK now I just noticed that when I hit the button it jumps to slowly to .44 and being a .15 coil Im thinking this isn’t safe. What you guys think

I have never noticed anything like this on any of my mods but that doesn’t mean it is not happening. None of my mods show the resistance while pushing the fire button. unless the rx200 does. Charging the batteries so can’t look. One thing I do know is heat to the coil will up the resistance. We know this because for mods to correctly detect the resistance of a new coil you need to do it at room temperature. Otherwise detection will be high on the ohms. I’m guessing you are just fine…

Yeah @ringling my dna200 does show the ohms when firing. But it shouldn’t swing that much. I guess depends on what base is ge using. And if its rba deck ,what wire he is using

I have a feeling @Blackbird is using nickel coils. Unless the RBA is being used and a loose connection. Perhaps we should ask. @Blackbird, what kind of coil are you using?

1 Like

They are nickel coils haven’t tried rba yet. I never noticed the change in the atomizer before jumping like that.

1 Like

Is it performing the way you would expect? Do the ohms read where they should once the Fire button is released? I got to be honest with you, I’m guessing here. I do not use nickel coils but, if the unit performs well, it goes up to same ohms when the fire button is pushed each time, the ohms always return after the fire button is released, and consistently does the same thing every time without fail, I would have to assume you are safe. But again I want to stress that this is theory and I can not say this as KNOWN fact…Perhaps others may have some input that are more in the know about nickel and their effect on resistance…

1 Like

Im with you on this one. I don’t use nickle coils or wire.

1 Like

Thank you for your input