Aussie Bushfire Appeal

Ya mate that would be awesome.

5 Likes

Great initiative, will try to be there, but you already know that!!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Would you please ship me a ciuple koalas

8 Likes

Hahahah I can send you a video of one on my mates back fence in town best i can do lol

I can also send you this for a cuteness overload

8 Likes

OMG that wombat is so ugly its cute

6 Likes

yup lol they are uglier than a hat full of assholes when they are young

8 Likes

they look a bit more attractive when they are bigger
jcp_img_4760_2018_01_11

10 Likes

Wow what a transformation… You guys have the coolest animals downunder…

10 Likes

They are quite big when grown

10 Likes

Steven, someone just told me that Ellen Degeneres started a Go Fund Me campaign with a $5 million goal. I don’t watch the show but I imagine everyone knows her. Would it be worth mentioning? Here’s some info on it. Looks like the money is going to the Australian Red Cross and WIRES (Australia’s largest wildlife rescue group).

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the listings. I’ll share these wherever I can. I like the donations where 100% goes to the cause. Go Fund Me is great but they do take a small percentage fee, I believe, to run their site. Still, every bit helps. I met with my Buddhist discussion group tonight and we all agreed to unite in our prayers for Australia. This is a world catastrophe and in my opinion leaders of all countries should turn their attention to Australia and stop their foolish warring. Fools as they may be could be next.

7 Likes

I heard about this on the radio and don’t know if there is information on how you can contribute with your crafting skills but here’s the article. There’s a link to a FB page with info. Check it out. A group of women from Poland got together and crocheted pouches to send to Australia.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2020/01/08/knitters-make-pouches-baby-kangaroos-koalas-orphaned-australian/2844038001/

6 Likes

All the plans to make them and the details are here there are drop off points in the USA

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arfsncrafts/files/

6 Likes

Thanks @muth that looks like a good way to go but as you said GoFundMe will ask for a donation for them also - I believe that this is optional… also not sure how long it will take for GoFundMe to release funds to the charities…

As the funds are going to Red Cross & Wires - maybe the option to donate directly to these charities would suit some:

the links that woftam provided earlier for those who wish to donate direct

Appreciate your posting of this, I’m sure that it is a legit. fundraiser and that if Ellen is behind it she wouldn’t take kindly to funds being withheld :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes! that’s the link imbedded in the article. Made my heart break. And just amazed at how people around the globe are stepping up. This is a nightmare. We can’t stop thinking about it. Thank you for posting info.

6 Likes

Victorian Bushfire Situation as of Sat Jan 11 15.14

(edited - Screenshot removed as expired - sorry - I am a Noob :roll_eyes:)

Just a screenshot I took from the Vic Emergency Site:
Yellow and Orange = Active Fires
White = Active but controlled

I am not super familiar with the Vic site as I am in SA.

4 Likes

We are lucky that a lot of the fires as a result of a little rain over night got downgraded to a watch and act from an evacuate they are by no means under control but hopefully it will allow the fireys to get on top of a couple of them with containment lines

6 Likes

South Australian Bushfire Situation as of Sat Jan 11 15.18

(edited - sorry Screenshot removed as expired)

Red = Active
Grey = Controlled

5 Likes

Thanks @woftam - I wasn’t sure of the weather there… here there has been some relief for KI with the cooler weather and a bit of rain.
Weather is only going to get warmer again during the next week - hopefully all the crews can get containment lines in again before it hits…

5 Likes