Australian wild fires ( Nov 2019)

Thoughts and prayers to those affected (or soon to be affected).
New South Wales, Greater Sydney, and Greater Hunter…

14 Likes

That is scary Sparky… not enough fire trucks for houses :’(

4 Likes

It is crazy here atm - 700 km to the north in New South Wales they are fighting the biggest fires they have seen while here where I live over the weekend it snowed on the hills

mtbuller

10 Likes

You going to be ok @woftam???

that is some crazy snow… we might get a half inch… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ya we are fine here, it is going to be one of those summers though as there is lots of tinder dry fuel around right now but thankfully no fires yet.

The local mountain got 17 cm (6.5")of snow in NOVEMBER which is unheard of (well I guess it isn’t now)

8 Likes

I forget… our winters are your summers lol… I hope you have fire breaks in place, Wolfie… I know that has to be scary… meantime I am acting like a hoarder looking for fire ready foods in case my electric goes out… in some ways it sucks living on the side of a mountain… in others… wouldn’t trade it… I will be happy once I can move tho… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We have no trees within 30 metres of the house not to say this would save us in the event of a fire (ember attack) but it reduces the risk significantly.

8 Likes

Glad you’re ok, and ^^^^ that can only HELP you IMO. I appreciate the post, as all we seem to get “over here” is the Cali fires.

2 Likes

Let us know if we can do anything Woftam, prayers for you!!!

5 Likes

Better keep those fires away from my land and mini horses…

7 Likes

You’re supposed to get your swimming trunks out and hop on your surfboard :open_mouth:
Stay safe with those fires :hugs:

4 Likes

One of the 80 active fires in Queensland this one is the Woodgate fire filmed during an Air Attack and Mapping run.

4 Likes

jeeez, hope you remain safe

4 Likes

Stay safe @woftam… I know we all worry about you…

3 Likes

Yeah, the scary thing is that summer down here doesn’t “officially” start for another 2 weeks yet :scream: Yikes!

5 Likes

I didn’t realize you are down there too, @Dardy… gee… yeah you be safe too… :hugs:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m all good. The fires are on the East Coast and I’m on the West Coast. That’s not to say we won’t be at risk at some stage. We had a small one the other day but they managed to contain it pretty quick. Thanks for the concern young lady :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Just about the only good thing that comes out of situations like this is the community all comes together.

Fireys are fire fighters if you don’t understand Australian

7 Likes

They must have to piss against a tree. No mention of the dunny! :rofl:

6 Likes