Authentic Pina Colada Fruit Bar

Hello all. I was very active on here a couple years ago and without going into details, I am back and in need of guidance.

I am looking to create an authentic Pina Colada. Not with any kind of alchohol taste but that true creamy coconut milk and pineapple flavor that you would get from something like a Palleta Fruit Bar.

Anyway, I dont know where to start with flavors. I have CAP Golden Pineapple and TFA Coconut Xtra. Neither seem to be close to what I want at any percentage. The coconut is actually pretty nasty at even 0.5%.

Has anyone here tasted what I am talking about? Does anyone have a recipe that they think is close?

10 Likes

Following! I’d love that too!

7 Likes

@louiesquared, welcome back brother, you were missed.

Ok, right out of the gate, your assessment of the TPA CocoX is spot on. I can’t use it myself. TPA Coconut CANDY however, isn’t half bad. As a long time CAP Golden P user, I was shocked when doing some recent SFT’s on Vape Train Australia’s flavors, and their Sugarloaf Pineapple was mind blowingly good.

I also had great results from Delosi’s Coconut.

5 Likes

https://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=6232

I tried quite a few combos in my day to hit that flavor sensation as well. Fortunately… found it, all in one bottle. :wink:

Some may note the touted “cookie” quality; me, not so much.

11 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions @SessionDrummer and @Kinnikinnick. It’s nice to have a starting point.

7 Likes

Cocopilada is my jam, love that stuff :+1:

@louiesquared that does sound really tasty, gonna give that profile a shot myself. Will report back if I have any success or if I melt with this triple digit heat, one or the other lol

9 Likes

I don’t have a lot of advice. I remember playing around with a recipe from HIC that was ok…just not super thick and sweet. I should probably play with it again since it’s been a few years.

But anyways, I really just wanted to say welcome back. It’s nice to see a friendly old face.

6 Likes

Thanks, it’s good to be back. This has always been a very welcoming place.

6 Likes

louisquared nice to see you again… I ciuld give you a couple newer flsves that are better than whatvwas around 2 years ago…

VTA Desicatted Coconut

WF coconut custard ( may be able to help with the creamy coconut aspect )

Molinberry Pineapple lassi …this is a Pineaplle Yoguet with a touch of Cooling

Sugar loaf VTA
And
MB funky pineaplle make a great pineapple

VSO coconut is a naturally extracted coconut I need to play with it more but seems promising

Just some thoughts.

I have never tried to make the Popsicle but love the shredded coconut and creaminess ( if im thinking of same thing )…So good o think the creaminess is going to be harder than getting an acceptable Pineapple / Coconut combo

8 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, that creamy coconut milk is definitely going to be difficult but I have some ideas for the creams. I just have not done a lot of coconut or pineapple and don’t want to blindly buy a bunch of different concentrates.

6 Likes

MB has a pina colada candy with no alcohol in it. It is pretty nice.

7 Likes

This recipe was starting to get there, based off the pina coladas I had up in the mountains of Puerto Rico on my honeymoon, they make them like milkshakes there lol no booze and super creamy.

I stopped working on it after V2, got distracted by lemon blueberry combos lol but all it needs is a juicier pineapple added in for my taste.

8 Likes

So I tried the Cocopilada and I don’t think it is going to be exactly what you want. It has that creamy, milky, sweet colada vibe you mention (sans alcohol), but it also has prominent coconut cookie notes.

I mixed it at 5% yesterday for my SFT and I actually really like it a lot! But for what you specifically mention, I think the cookie exhale is going to be a miss. Great flavor though, and a rare “works as a standalone” concentrate that I will have in the rotation going forward.

9 Likes

Never tried Cocopilada that high as a SF, always in a mix at about 1 to 2%. Gonna have to give it a shot as a SF :+1:

8 Likes

I’m interested to hear how that goes. It totally hits the sweet, creamy dessert bar at 5% but does have the cookie too. If the cookie goes away but the bright colada happiness remains, I’ll try it lower.

7 Likes

Along with vta sugarloaf pineapple,vta coconut is also a fantastic choice for coconut.I personally like fw creamy coconut a lot,and I think it may fit the bill here.

7 Likes

I have all but VTA Dessicated Coconut and VSO Coconut. Would be interested in your thoughts on those. I love me some coconut but am yet to get a really good one. I hear Delosi do a good one, but I can’t seem to get it anywhere in the UK. Also, do you happen to know if “Cocopilada” is the same as INW Pina colada? That’s all I can seem to find. Thanks.

5 Likes

Not the same. I wasn’t too impressed with Pina Colada INW (it’s been couple of years; i should try it again…someday…as we always say with mediocre flavors). But i put Coco Pilada on my list now.

5 Likes

No they are different but both good flavors. Pina Coloda is more Pineapple forward than Cocopilada

8 Likes

Just FYI, @Nicotine_River has it 50% off right now if you’re interested.

6 Likes