Ban on Synthetic nicotine

We knew this would happen, rumours and proposals were out in January, but if the FDA is purposely slow on approving PMTAs and vaping products, they are incredibly fast on rectifying potential things that might slip out of their reach, namely Synthetic Nicotine.
We already knew about it as @HVPGH did a post on this:
Synthetic Nicotine new potential legislation - General / Health and advocacy - E-Liquid Recipes Forum (e-liquid-recipes.com)
They are clearly trying to stop any products that might make people stop smoking ( Synth is in Nicotine pouches toothpicks and vaping)

Casaa is trying to stop the introduced bill with a petition, might not work, but if we don’t do anything it surely won’t. Let’s “fight” back even if it’s tilting at windmills…

US - Stop a Synthetic Nicotine Ban! - CASAA

19 Likes

That’s Misinfo and now considered a terrorist act, they approved Juul, Vuse and Blu… Goddamn Anti Vaxxer.

4 Likes

I despise the government and everyone in it, no matter what they call themselves.

9 Likes

They love to try and make it look like there’s two sides, Republican and Democrat.
Thay are all shitbags playing for the same team.

11 Likes

Message sent through CASAA!

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Filled out the letter after adding some additional information to personalize it with a bit of my story of quitting smoking by vaping more than 8 years ago.

4 Likes

There was so little time for activism; the Omnibus bill containing the synthetic nicotine designation as under FDA control passed the Senate last night and is going to Biden for signature. It’s a done deal.

I’m not clear on what happens now with nicotine base (freebase or synthetic), as there are still a handful of companies still shipping within the country.

I’m sure that they will continue to tighten the prohibitions and make products and supplies less available, but we know there is really little they can do to stop DIY. It is a rotten shame that the federal government is going to shut down the commercial vape business, putting many out of jobs and forcing many to go back to cigarettes.

Not good news at all.

{Anyone that has been procrastinating, should act now and stock up on your nicotine base.}

7 Likes

The deed is Done!

1 Like

SOBs…I hope my prediction doesn’t come true, chewing nic gum while vaping :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@Cary1 What I meant was the good deed of responding to the casaa call to action.

3 Likes

I find it not only frustrating, but mildly humorous, that I can go to a store and purchase ounces of marijuana, I can go to Walmart and buy enough booze to kill me, go buy a pistol and rounds to kill myself or others, but purchasing liquid nicotine to eliminate the need for cigarettes is illegal.
This is one fucked up world.

12 Likes

That’s because they want you dead or at least sick so they can make money off of you…

4 Likes

we’re not worth much if we’re dead… working, barely alive and in need, it’s a lot better!

2 Likes

Guess i should move to one of those srates that made all drugs legal then. This is dumb, people are trying to find an alternative to smoking and they find vaping…and now they want to take that away. We are all pawns in their game bit the question is what is their final play?

2 Likes

Well, they’re already approving Tobacco companies that have vape devices, banning of all open systems would be next I’d gather… Go after vape shops selling nothing but FDA approved vaping devices: Vuse, Blu, Juul… Ban all flavoured liquids (already in the process) and effectively run out all small businesses so big corps can make the money.

You will own nothing and be happy

This recession we’re heading into will kill off most if not all small business I’m predicting, so get prepared to support the big boxes… Oh and I wouldn’t put it past those companies to put “a little extra” something into that ejuice they have to make them the same thing as cigarettes. Speculating, but salt nics seemed to create addicts and for the most part, I gather the acids used in freebase are used in tobacco blends, so the whole faster absorption must trigger a dopamine rush that makes it more addictive.

1 Like

Talking about salts that was what Juul was about, kids found that chain vaping it fastly, gave them a rush.
At today, there are anyway other ways to make salts, not only with Benzoic acid, also with Malate, Saltrate, Salicilate, (Chemnovatic) that doesn’t mean they’ll not be as addictive as benzoic acid, don’t know yet.
The truth is that with salts you get addictive faster then Freebase.

1 Like

Funny how now the FDA has more opportunities to screw up another couple of million PMTAs.

4 Likes

Supposedly, the Buddha said this was an upside down world. Ain’t that the truth? What is claimed as true is false and what is claimed as false is true. We are woefully fucked, Chef Johnny :cry:

4 Likes