Banana, Custard, & Chocolate?

Hi Guys n Girls…

A close friend of mine has asked me for a flavour based on the title above. I have searched far and wide but cant seem to find one recipe that includes all of the above, and in that particular order. ie the banana being the most prominent folllowed by custard and with chocolate being least prominent. If anyone has a recipe that may suit, please share it with me or if anyone can help out with suggestions on what may work, Id really appreciate your help. My flavour stash

2 Likes

Sounds good! I’m surprised you cant find find a recipe with these ingredients.
I’m not a custard kinda guy - never used it, but I’ll take a stab at it…
Gotta say, the first thing I went looking for was TPA Ripe Banana. No RB, but lets assume for a minute that you had it… (its well worth getting - great flavor!)

TPA Ripe Banana 1.5% - This is a strong flavor - doesnt take much to make it the top note EDIT… actually, to be on the safe side, start at 1% & work up.
TPA Sweet Cream 2% - The RB could be a tad sweeter. Besides, I love cream- praps your friend does too.
FA custard 3% - ??? I think this’d be a pretty middle-of-the-road place to start
INW Milk Chocolate 3% - about 5% will give you good choc, but as its a back note…hmm…a bit less

Now, back to your stash… based on what you have, Though I havent used it before, Id go with TPA Bananas Forster at 5% (Average mixing quantity: 4.3%) over Banana Cream…not a fan of that
Might not need the sweet cream… oh, alright then… 1%, & I’d go with the rest as above, then a good long steep (2 weeks+).
No doubt trial n error required.Good luck with it Nina. I might get me some custard & give this a wirl

4 Likes

Hi VonTrueso

Much apreciate your reply, and the time you devoted to checking my stash, though Im not sure why the RB didnt show up as I do have some by TPA. I will give both these recipes a whirl and let steep. To be honest Im not much of a custard fan myself so Ill have to get my friend in to test it out. Ill get back and let you know how it all goes. Thanks again.

Howdy Nina[quote=“NinaVapes, post:3, topic:54233”]
Much apreciate your reply, and the time you devoted to checking my stash
[/quote]
No probs at all… wow, what a stash! I’m most envious …especially of all those tobacco’s!
Pleased to hear you’ve got the RB - I do believe this is the “go-to” flav for this recipe, but you never know… the BF could turn out to be the wild-card surprise!. I’m very interested to hear how it works out.
Cheers, vT.
P.s…Since you’ve got the RB, should you feel so inclined, you might also wanna try .5 RB + 2.5 BF + the rest, but this’d be a big experiment - could be a flyer or a flopper .

1 Like

Banana Cream LA would be a good one too, would allow you to cut the cream. i generally use it around 4%. I like a little Cheesecake LA in my custards, 1-2%, has a good creamy mouth feel and adds a little sweetness to a mix.

2 Likes

Holy crap, that is a nice stash! How long have you been working on accumulating that? :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Hark…is that a bugle I hear?? I was really hoping you’d come to the custard rescue! Yay Ken!

3 Likes

Hehe, i would have loved to be more helpful but i dont do much chocolate vapes and only use Vanilla Custard V1. Plus you did a great job in your recommendation!

3 Likes

I agree Nice Stash Nina!
Ken_O_Where made me a firm believer in adding the LA Cheesecake to custards ,it adds a very nice touch!
I like Caps Vanilla Custard V1 around 7% but I also like Flavorah around 5% for a nice light custard.
Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you Ken_O_Where!..:wink:

1 Like

Maybe try this too :wink:

Banana Cream (LA) 3%
Custard (FA) 2%
Marshmallow 2% (if they want it sweeter)
Milk Chocolate (INW) 2.5%-3%
Ripe Banana (TPA) .5%
Vanilla Custard (FLV) 2.5%

1 Like

Thanks VonTrueso. I have made three recipes from your recomendations. Next I’ll get to work on mixing them up. Will get back to you. Cheers!

Hi Ken. I have taken two of Von’s recipe recommendations, subbed the BF(TPA) with BC(LA) at 4% and added CC(LA) at 1.5%. Thanks for your suggestions. This juice is not for me but I’m thinking with the CC(LA) that I might even like this one. Will get back after a good steep. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Ben. I’ve only been vaping since Jan '15 but started collecting concentrates nearly straight away. There is just so many recipe clones to try and it seems there is always at least one flavor I dont have, so the collection keeps growing. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi LordVapor. I have turned your suggestion into a recipe thanks. I have left the MM out as the person I am making it for, is using a tank and needs 50/50. I’m thinking the extra PG should make it sweeter? Now just need to mix it up and steep. I very much apreciate your input and will get back with how it goes.Cheers!

Good luck with them Nina! I’ll put my money on the first one (with RB), but I’d definitely add in the cheesekake LA to compliment the custard, as @Ken_O_Where recommended. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Hi Guys…

I’ve mixed up all of your suggestions, and they all smell really good. Will give them time to steep, probably a month, and will get back with the results. Thanks again for your help. Cheers!!

Hi guys.

So I took in all of your suggestions, much appreciated, and got to work on this recipe. Three months later, I have finally got a recipe that I am happy with. Though I am still tweaking it with minor alterations, I thought Id share the recipe for anyone who might like to try it out.

1 Like