Bananas-Your opinion on the best

Alright. Many topics on flavorings, I would like to pick some brains on bananas. I have fa, inawera, tpa ripe, la banana cream, and wonder flavors banana puree. I know that layering is going to yield better results when it comes to making a flavor stand out from the rest, so I am looking for others opinions on the fruit, what have you all came across that would say you have found the perfect blends?

TPA Banana Cream + FA Bano (Banana) + TPA Ripe Banana = my best match so far, but Iā€™m not done exploring yet

Have you also searched the site for Banana? Think there was a thread about this not so long ago, ā€œBest Bananaā€ or something.

5 Likes

I will look into that. Trying to make a somewhat realistic banana cream pie

I blend TFA banana cream and Lor clear banana cream. 3% off each will work. Then to steer it towards a more clean real banana i add 0.5% MF banana and 1% FA banana. 0.5% TFA ripe will then ripen the profile if you want. Trick ive found to banana cream pie is to add 3-4% FLV vanilla pudding for the ā€œfillingā€ .

1 Like

Just MHO, but I thoroughly despise FA. Itā€™s like a sour green banana. If you are looking for that, have at it, but I canā€™t stand it. TPA Ripe is amazing, but it can be pretty caustic. It will melt plastic, can turn mixes cloudy, and sometimes does not play well with others. Iā€™ve yet to find a better ripe banana though. I like Flavorah and Liquid Barn for candy bananas. LA Banana cream is really good (get the colorless) and TPA banana cream has been okay for me. TPA banana nut bread is really good as well, but it does have a ā€˜nut breadā€™ flavor on top of the banana.

5 Likes

The price point for MF is kinda high. I may have to revisit ecx to see if I can get a 1 oz bottle. Thanks.

I did a layering of 3 bananas, wonder flavors puree at 6% (yes it is high bit it is a light flavor), 2% fa, 1.15% of inawera. I will see where this leads in a few days time. Thanks for the input jojo

2 Likes

Tpa ripe banana is my go to flavor. Itā€™s super strong 1% is usually enough to do the trick.

3 Likes

5Ml Lotus (MF) are 3.99 at ecigxpress right now

1 Like

Out of interest, I love artificial banana which is what all the ones I have are. ( all 2) is there a banana out there which is more like real banana?

MF banana and FA taste like real banana at least the variety we are accustomed to today

2 Likes

None of mine are very accurate and realistic bananas, and as @JoJo said, FA is very green and I need to layer that one to use it. So as Ripe Banana is ripe, doh, and the other is green, you get a somewhat more realistic banana. IMO.

2 Likes

I use banana Foster fw in a banana nut bread recipe I use. Banana Foster fw is terrible on coils but man is it good :smile:

2 Likes

@JoJo @anon60225325 and anyone else who likes tpa ripe, do you have any recipes with it that you can share ? Iā€™m trying to get a feel for it, so far not much luck.

I have adapted this one from someone else and did additional tweakings on it today, but that one is out for steeping as of yet.

Itā€™s marked as private still, both because itā€™s a adaption and because it is not finished.

2 Likes

I made this one back in April if your interested. People seem to like it a lot. To me I can vape it on occasion but not for long periods of time. You know, making that ultimate vape is where I am at currently. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/382297/Cloudy%20Banana

1 Like

That looks pretty good.

Thank you, John. Take a look at the original too, itā€™s probably better, ha ha.

1 Like

TPA Banana cream plus a little INW banana has worked well for me

3 Likes

The best banana recipe Iā€™ve made so far is

Peanut Butter Banana Cookie

Ingredient %
Banana Cream (TPA) 2
Banana Nut Bread (TPA) 2
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1
Peanut Butter (TPA) 2
Ripe Banana (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 9%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Iā€™ve made probably 8 other versions, but I keep coming back to this one. Iā€™d love to get away from TPA Ripe, but nothing else has come close.

2 Likes