Battery charger recommendations

Thats what i wanted but havent fiubd any in stick anywhere. I dont think they are made anymore

2 Likes

Damn i hope your wrong

1 Like

I mean i have no idea but they have been out of stock for a while.

I did just find some on ebay though

2 Likes

I have the Xtar Dragon VP4Plus and the Opus 3100. Both continue to work well after 4 years or so. They both do the same things but I’ll tell you the only minus’ that I’ve found:

Xtar will revive batteries and refresh them (as much as possible), but the Xtar has on a couple of occasions, failed to acknowledge a battery in the bay while attempting to refresh, where the Opus has picked it up right away.

The Opus works every time, BUT, I did have to replace the fan on it twice. When they start to fail it’s noisy and annoying as hell. It’s been two years since I replaced the fan and have had no issues at all. I’m glad to hear that it’s been updated.

Oh, both are plugged into an AC outlet 24/7.

4 Likes

I was also looking at the dragon. I decided to try out the miboxer. Great price for a full featured 8 bay

3 Likes

I use the intellicharger i8. It fits up to 21700 x 8. I had a 4 bay of an older model but the Nicores have worked well for me. I don’t need anything fancy and they are decently priced.

2 Likes

I ended up getting the Miboxer yesterday from Amazon and already got it. I really love it so far. I love that you can adjust the charge current in .2 increments from .2A all the way up to 3A. Im probably gonna charge at . 6A or .8A as a happy median between what i usually charge at either .5 or 1A. I like that is keeps in in memory too so i can just throw the cells on there and not need to set it each time. Also shows the internal resistance and mah as well as percentage. Have zero complaints so far.

8 Likes

Got the four bay. It charges at 1 amp. When it gets towards the end it automatically reduces the the amps down to. 0.4/0.5 amps.

7 Likes