Battery life?

How long are batterys suppose to last? I know its all subjective to use, but lets say you have a married pair 30 amp e fest “purple ones” that you charge and use them all day and in the evening, switch out to a freshly charged pair.

2 Likes

Most batteries are rated between 300-500 charges. Actual life cycle will be different with everyone, as it just comes down to how much stress you put on the battery throughout usage, the rate you charge at, temperature they are at while used and charging etc… Many factors play into it, so the best estimate is the overall average of most* batteries 300-500 charges you can expect to see decline in performance once you reach that point.

3 Likes

It’s weird you asked because I thought of Efest as a second rate battery, but I started with Efest and they are still going after nearly 2 years. My Sonys from from Gearbest failed in less than a year with average use… go figure.

3 Likes

Yea, the reason I asked is because I’ve heard that e fest were not so great, but mine have been in heavy rotation for almost two years. I’m planning on getting four more batteries I wasn’t sure if I should stick to the same brand, thinking I may have just got lucky with the ones I got.

2 Likes

Efest Purple 35A 3000mAh 18650
Efest Purple 35A 3000mAh 18650 Bench Test Results…only a 20A battery, equal to HG2 though

Published by Mooch in the blog Mooch’s blog

2 Likes

They are good per tests List of Battery Tests

I have a set still working and it’s been about 9 months

2 Likes

I like my Samsungs. 30 amp peak power and a real work horse

2 Likes

Nothing really wrong with efest…or MXJO, Imren, Nitecore, etc.
Basically only four mfg’s make 18650’s…Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Sony, all the rest are re-wraps.
Sony barely produces any 18650’s any more, they now focus on the LIPO-PAK.

Re-wraps can be good or bad. During the shortage a year or so ago, not only were there a flood of counterfeits,
but some were also re-wrapped old used 18650’s.

Some authentic batteries also appear to be counterfeit because of the label stuck on them, but it is put there for customs to read, and will peel of with the authentic printing underneath.

5 Likes

Hey OZO
I pm ed you no answer weeks ago
But anyways I sent you a package today in mail

1 Like

Where’s mine I wanna package in the mail, if you can’t send one to all of us then you can’t send one to OZO!

3 Likes

Just some bills I needed to be paid
He is nice like that
Water
Power
Next month you can have a turn

4 Likes

You can take me off your list now, @Machinist2 !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Really nothing important
A couple custom drip tips and a 30 ml of Van Custard juice I mix
He helped me on a project so I thought I would do something for him
I like drip tips delrin and and holes in them changes the vape for me perfect
Don’t like metal on my teeth

Short one with 1/16 hole other no hole
He can put in vape mail Friday
Out of material no more left awe

5 Likes

Seriously though… very nice!

2 Likes

That is surely not like me to miss a PM…don’t know what happened

2 Likes

While on pm topic lol…did you get my reply on the apache?

1 Like

Biggest legit complaint I’ve heard about EFest is they horribly mislead with their labelling (see Mooch’s tests). They’re fine for what they are, but they aren’t quite what they claim, knowwhatimean?

3 Likes

YepIdoIreallydo…Iknowwhatyoumean…

1 Like

OMG…what have you done?
You done riled up DaMomma into a serious mode ?
Run, Forest,run…

3 Likes