Battery Rewrap , please critique

I get my wraps from Liion Wholesale and they are already cut to the perfect length, if yours are precut it’s probably already a good fit. Anyway you can go to Liion Wholesale and get the specs to check against what you ordered.

2 Likes

72mm or 2.84" is what I use to cut my wraps from a roll and I eyeball that same length sticks out on both ends before applying heat.

6 Likes

Here’s a question I’d like to know the answer to, maybe one of you knows. What is the best way to apply heat for wraps?

1. A short hot burst of heat that is hot enough to shrink the wrap fast and doesn’t last long enough to completely heat up the battery. (for example with a heat gun / paint stripper)
  2. A longer take at it with a hair dryer from a distance, where the battery itself has a longer time to heat up, but you won’t burn your fingers in the process.

Or doesn’t it make much of a difference at all?

4 Likes

Great questions… I wonder if mooch would know??? For me its a personal choice to use a blow dryer , bc I dont know what happens if I get the batt too hot , plus the finger thing

3 Likes

I just use a hair dryer, works well enough for me.

5 Likes

Same here, but it’s something I’ve been wondering about. The batteries do get really hot from it.
Next time I wrap them, I’ll try a heat gun and see if there’s any difference.

2 Likes

I use the dryer on high and it just takes seconds, battery doesn’t really get hot.

3 Likes