BAZOOKA Sour Straws DIY

I do have the Sour FA and I’m adding 1 drup per 15ml of juice right now and that seems to be enough for the sour effect.

Well just try it, bazooka is awesome. To bad I can’t buy it anymore since my country regulations on vaping excludes every shop bought juice over 10ml and I vape 20ml of that stuff a day. So for me it’s literally DIYorDIE.
Thanks , I’m a fast learner and I did my homework :slight_smile:

I heard Finland got some really hard regulations now, is that where you live?
If so just take one of the ferries over to Sweden and buy some stuff and smuggle it in :laughing:

No I’m in Belgium Europe. It’s just silly what can I say. It’s all about the money they loose on tabacco taxes obviously. No more nicotine juice allowed, no more drippers.RDTA’s allowed , no tanks bigger than 2ml allowed , no more internet sales allowed, etc etc It’s just sad.

You got lots of surrounding countries, do you live close to the border of any of them? That would give you the opportunity to get more liquid.

And i’m sorry that things have gotten so hard for you guys over there, i totally feel you.

Yes I do live very close to France, Germany and The Netherlands. France is like a 20min drive LOL. But close vapeshops don’t have the Bazooka juice and I know it seems silly but that juice just saved my life. I’ve tried douzens of shop bought juices and some of them are fine, some are great but nothing comes close to bazooka for me personally as an ADV.
Besides that, I know DIY could make my life a lot easier and by all means cheaper. I was spending over 200$ a month on shop bought juices and that just has to stop.

1 Like

Until you got that Bazooka clone up and running a possibility might be to order that juice to a P.O Box or to a friend on the other side of the border and drive over and collect it. It will at least give you something to vape on in the mean time.

As a Belgian I can’t order any more in European vapeshops just because I’m Belgian. My payment would not be accepted. Only someone outside the country could order for me. I don’t want to trouble anyone with my vaping. Let’s get this recipe sorted :smile:

Must say that the regulations in Belgium totally sucks man.

1 Like

Yeah they suck a whole lot. I could spend a few days crying about it but that won’t solve the problem. That’s why I’ll go DIY. We’ll see what the future brings as vapeshop owners, vape websites and the whole vaping community is a bit angry right now.

1 Like

Anyone any idea on how to clone Bazooka sour straws apple and strawberry ?
I have :
Apple Fuji
Double apple ( cap )
Green apple ( PA )

Strawberry ripe (PA )
Strawberry RF ( cap )
Sour ( FA )

For a start I’d try going 30% Ripe Strawberry, 20%Cap Strawberry, 10% sour, 25%fuji and 15% green apple for the flavor content and adjust from there… might have to get some jelly candy flavor and add that to ‘candy it up’

Thanks for this great info. I’ve been mixing upto 11% flavorings but it’s not there by a long shot. I agree I will need to add more flavors percentages. I will defenately try this out.
Any idea about the Green apple sour straws ?
How long should I steep the mix you mention ?

If you mix two acids there sourness increases I.e. “10% sour” at 1% is not as strong as 0.5% “sour 10%” and 0.5% “citric acid 10%”.

Jeez, what’s this got to do with anything? So when mixing fruit recipes I find out what are the natural acids in that fruit - http://www.bartek.ca/pdfs/BulletinsMalic/Improving%20the%20Flavor%20of%20Fruit%20Products%20with%20Acidulants.pdf

This link has a table, I then use a combination of the primary acid & secondary. This helps make the fruit pop, for your example as you are going for sour too I’d just add more.

So for green apple the primary is malic and secondary is Tartaric. So I’d be thinking whatever flavour you come up with you’ll want 1% “sour 10% TPA” that’s your malic and 0.5 “Tartaric 10%”.

Could have done that more concisely I’m sure, apologies. I’m an acid freak, try to find a reason to put it in everything.

1 Like

What kind of tartaric acid would you reccomend me to use. The reason I like the sour straws so much is because it’s not so damn sweet as most juices are. I like a sweet juice from time to time but it becomes to overwhelming very fast. The bazooka is kinda sweet too but it has that sour aftertaste , that’s what it is sweet sour.

I buy tartaric acid Granules from a place near me.
http://www.melbournefooddepot.com/buy/tartaric-acid-250g/F00252

But I’m sure you could find some on eBay or a modernist Cuisine type place.

I make my own 10% PG based solution, I do the same with citric & malic(tpa sour), I also have ascorbic & fumaric but have not found the need to make solutions for them yet. Btw I also make my own solutions for erythritol, sucralose & em. It’s heaps cheaper. Good luck

1 Like

Right now I’m vaping on a mix of TFA Swedish gummy, CAP strawberry sweet, and fa apricot. I think I’m getting closer to a fruit rollup taste. I know not what you’re looking for, but just building, wip.

1 Like

I have Bazooka, and I have (one on one) Strawberry Sour Belts, and I think the taste is very much the same and the smell is the same. I have not made any yet. But it’s close.

I’ve seen this flavor somewhere, I’ll order it and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, I just came here to tell you of this flavoring. Go to the resource page here for a 25% coupon code from this one on one flavors:

They have a few different sour belts flavors. I’ve never tried but you have a cosign from ziggy3, so I’d give it a shot if I was you, can’t hurt. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like