Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Welcome!!!

Hi. Iā€™ve been reading posts here for a while but thought I would finally make the commitment to join.

My son (adult) and I make premium e juice for local distribution and recently decided to expand our product line and take it online.

My reason for supporting vaping and trying it out myself after being a non-smoker my whole life is that I lost my mom to lung cancer in 1995. After ā€œmeetingā€ so many who have made the switch, I believe she would still be here today if vaping had been an option for her. Iā€™m excited to provide this alternative to other people so hopefully they will get to meet their grandkids.

I understand that vaping is not a ā€œcessation deviceā€ but we all know how it works.

Thanks for creating this forum to share ideas and help each other along this worthwhile journey!

8 Likes

You have a very inspirational story. Welcome to ELR Forum.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the sandbox.

/waves

2 Likes

Welcome to all you new members! Too many of you to welcome one at a time. I really need to check this post more oftenā€¦

2 Likes

Been vaping for two weeksā€¦totally quit chewing ā€¦hooked bad lol . Bought the kit cause Iā€™m allready 600 bucks into this and juice is expensive

7 Likes

It will get easier I assure you. Welcome.

3 Likes

ā€¦know your situation well; miss my Red Man every day, but with time, it will be just a fond memory. Stay strong and vape on!

2 Likes

Hey all;
Wanted say hi and thank everyone for this great resource.
Iā€™m not a mixer yet but hope to be in the next week or two. Iā€™ve been vaping for about 8 months after being a 1.5 pack a day smoker of 25 years. Iā€™m still stealing analogs from time to time, but vaping 99% of the time.

The user name comes from the need to start mixing. I recently switched to a sub ohm tank and love it. But the damn thing is always empty :wink: I finally found a juice that does not make my wife cough who also wants to quit smoking so now there will be two of us vaping. Thatā€™s where I started looking into DIY. i appreciate all of the info here and canā€™t wait to dive in.

Thanks
Tim

5 Likes

I had the same issues with finding a juice which did not make my wife cough (she is asthmatic). Fortunately, it all had to do with lessening the PG ratio in her juice. Her ratio is 80VG/20PG most of the time; sometimes it is less PG than that.

Glad your here and jump in, canā€™t go wrong in this forum. :wink:

1 Like

Jim beat me to it. I was going to suggest trying some max VG juices. Take a look at @Amy2ā€™s recipes if you need some inspiration. Sheā€™s got some really great looking max VG stuff. 9 times out of 10 the reason people cough is because of the PG. The other 1 time is flavoring, usually citrus or additives like koolada, at least that is what does it to me. If the PG is not the problem, you could try getting some MTS Vape Wizard or Smooth and using a few drops of that. It takes the edges off of liquids, but be warned it also mutes flavor, especially when you use a lot or let it sit too long.

Cheers and welcome to ELR!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Jimk & @JoJo . The lower PG seems to be the ticket. 5 days on 70vg/30pg and sheā€™s still going strong.

6 Likes

Hi friends!

Posted my complete introduction here.

Thanks for this great community!

6 Likes

Welcome and thanks for sharing the great recipes that you have posted!!!

1 Like

Thought I would finally stop and say hi to everyone. Iā€™ve been lurking for a couple of months and finally registered this month. Iā€™m new to vaping, just got into it mid July and started mixing my own juices in August so this forum has been a really big help. I also wanted to say a big thank you to all of you that have posted these great recipes, they have made figuring thing out so much easier.

7 Likes

Welcome!

We wonā€™t bite, scratch or clawā€¦I promise! :kissing_cat:ā€¦there are a few that like to ā€œmarkā€ their territory though! :scream_cat:

1 Like

Speak for yourself on that one, grrrrrrr chomp chomp!
:wink:
Hiya!
Happy to have ya!

1 Like

Hey wait a minute, my wife is the Crazy Cat Lady! Been lurking for a couple of months. Are you checking up on meā€¦lol. Just kidding, all but the fact that my wife IS a crazy cat lady. Welcome !!!

1 Like

welcome to the greatest show (site) on the web

2 Likes

Hi I am Chuckā€¦live in North Carolinaā€¦USAā€¦been vaping a little over a year now. Consider my self at a hobby level. Enjoy mechanical modā€¦vw modsā€¦rdaā€™sā€¦tanksā€¦building coilsā€¦ and diy juice. Sorry it took me so long to introduce myself. Have learned from this site and hope fully can help others.

6 Likes