Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Congrats and welcome! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Welcome @TheFlavorChaser! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome @TheFlavorChaser

1 Like

Congrats on ditching the darts guys!

My dad retired as a cook for the Air force :slight_smile:

LOL Donovan I swear I didnā€™t do this on purpose but the new character in my book has your name hahahaha

2 Likes

Iā€™m Greg aka ā€˜spitt4516ā€™, fairly new to the vaping world, but havenā€™t had a cigarette for over two months now. Retired ER Nurse, motorcycle enthusiasts/biker with an attitude problem (Iā€™m working on that) Madd Scientist when it comes to my vape lab (got a fair amount of flavor list going)taste buds are pretty shot due to cigarettes x40yrs, but Iā€™ve been vaping menthol and flavorless so that I can taste my favorites on occasion. I find this site most satisfactory.

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Graham from the North East of England, Iā€™ve been vaping little over a year now, just moved to sub ohm vaping and finding it much better, most liquids here in the UK are far too chemically and overpriced so Iā€™ve just knocked up my first two batches of DIY liquid using 100% natural flavours!
Iā€™ll let you all know if there any good in a week or so.

Cheers,

Graham.

5 Likes

Welcome @gnielsen! :grinning:

Welcome @spitt4516 and @gnielsen!! Glad youā€™re here. :slightly_smiling:

Thanx jojo, appriciate it

1 Like

Hi Graham. North east of England myself. Welcome to ELR. @spitt4516 welcome.

HEY all i am known now as (( puff the majic dragon)) on hereā€¦aka Davy
Im fah Bonnie Scotland and just live outside Edinburgh.

I hope to share and learn from all you mixers and puffers.
I have been vaping for 2 years on and off but free from the wicked fags for the last 6 months.
I have just started mixing my own juices and have realised this is this place to be to learn (as its the bees knees)

I like a bit off the sweet pleasurable things in life and my Favourites vapes are custards :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So I will look forward to posting and puffing your recipes

8 Likes

Welcome! Congrats on quitting! Youā€™ve definitely come to the right place for all things DIY. Thereā€™s some pretty awesome people here and if you have any questions, chances are someone around here will have the answer. :slightly_smiling:

Welcome home folks! Congrats and good luck!

Hello everybody. Just thought Iā€™d pop on here and introduce myself. Iā€™m Jeff aka ā€œBearkatā€. Texas native and avid Jeeper. I love to spend time away from the city and work and just get out on the trails with some friends. Nothing like having the top and doors off on a beautiful day rock crawling in the hills and forgetting the daily stresses of work!

I was a smoker for most of my life and had a heart attack in 2004 when I was only 34. Quit smoking for a few months but was back at it again, urgh! My wife started researching e-cigs in early 2011 and picked up some from a gas station. Letā€™s just say they were HORRIBLE. I said screw that and picked up my cigs again. Well she wouldnā€™t give up and kept on researching and was seeing great reviews of V2 e-cigs so she convinced me to order a starter kit for the two of us along with an 80-pack of cartos at crazy $$$ (~$300). That day was 6/18/2011. We were headed back to Jamaica for our annual vacation and usually took a few cartons of cigs with us. This trip we left the cigs behind and only took our e-cigs. I thought it would be tough without my precious cigs but it wasnā€™t. We got plenty of looks and questions, even one Jamaican guy at the airport thought we were smoking something else and tried to warn us about the police, LOL. Well we made it back from vacation without having a cig for 12 days and immediately ordered more cartos.

That was 1697 days ago and we havenā€™t looked back since. The vaping community has evolved a lot since those early stick battery/cartomizer days. Weā€™re now vaping on eVic-VTC Miniā€™s with Uwell Crown tanks and the experience is night and day from those old days.

Since quitting so long ago, my health has improved drastically. So much so that my cardiologist has been recommending to her patients that smoke to try and switch to vaping. She a big supporter now after seeing the results I have had. When I started she hadnā€™t really heard much about it and asked me for details and specifics. Since starting, we were vaping 18mg/ml of nic and since DIY my own liquids we are now down to 6mg/ml on some and 3mg/ml on others. Eventually we would like to get down to 0mg nicotine. Thatā€™s the plan at least.

Anyhow, congrats to everyone on making the switch to vaping!!! It is one of the best decisions you could make!

Hereā€™s a few pics of me having fun out on the trails.

10 Likes

Welcome @Bearkat - Awesome that youā€™re doing good with vaping! And even better that you doc has realized the benefits! :smiley:

That looks like a fun hobby! Fun, but expensive ;D heheh

1 Like

Yep, expensive it is but so rewarding. You know that J.E.E.P. stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. Itā€™s a great way to get ā€œoff the gridā€. They are one of the best vehicles in retaining $$$ value. Heck a 2005 Jeep Unlimited (LJ) in good condition can still go for about $24K. Iā€™m not sure they were that much brand new. Not that I plan on selling mine. After I get another vehicle and this one wonā€™t be my daily driver, I have plans on making this a mostly trail only rock crawler. Thatā€™ll cost me a bit but itā€™s nice having a vehicle that can literally go any where.

3 Likes

Welcome!! Looks like youā€™ll fit right in. Congrats on quitting smoking! :slightly_smiling:

Hi all. My name is Cameron and I stay about 10 miles outside Edinburgh, Scotland. :umbrella:
Have been on and of the e cigs for the past year and half but had decided to make a proper effort now.
Was initially reluctant to make the jump into DIY bit after falling in love with Ruthless Jungle Fever but not liking how much is was blasting through my funds I decided to give it a go. Have to say the info on here helped a lot. Wouldnā€™t say Iā€™ve mastered the art in any way and my JF clone isnā€™t as close as I would like but it does the trick and has saved me loads so far. Like a fruit mix and also quite a mint/menthol person to. Not found a tabacco flavour that is in any way nice and also not really tried any of the sweet creamy flavours - but hey, you never know.
Thanks for all the help so far. :+1:
Cheers ta.

9 Likes