Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Welcome Cameron! Glad you found some help here and we look forward to having you around. Keep at it! :slightly_smiling:

Hello my name is Mike Iā€™m from Alberta Canada, I have been Vapiing for just over 2 years (my wife and daughter love that I donā€™t stink like smoke anymore). I started researching making my own e-juice back in November, I found this awesome forum and lurked and found all the answers I was looking for. The forums seem to have many knowledgeable people who seem very friendly and willing to help without talking down to us newbie mixers. I started mixing juice about a month ago and love it, Iā€™m not sure I will be able to add much but appreciate all the info I have been able to get from reading the different posts and learning from other posters. Enough rambling and thanks to all posters, I now slink back into the shadows.

9 Likes

Welcome @Bearkat welcome @C8MRN (from the borders my self) and welcome @Mike60.
Welcome to the world of wonderful. Pull up a chair, grab your vape and dig in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash:

1 Like

I love your Jeep @Bearkat - Thatā€™s what I wanted but the 4 doors were out of my budget and I needed room for dogs and camping gear all together. I ended up with a '99 WJ which Iā€™ve grown to love. My wife wants a CJ but insists on getting one without rust, which is something we donā€™t see a lot of in Iowa!

As for my intro, my name is Phil and Iā€™ve been vaping for around 2 years. I was off and on for the first year but once I had the right equipment it clicked for me and I havenā€™t smoked since. I had previously tried to quit my pack a day habit with nicotine patches, but I couldnā€™t completely kick it and I continued to wear the patchā€¦ for 5 yearsā€¦ at step one, while still smoking a pack a week!

I started vaping at 12mg, eventually dropped to 6mg, and Iā€™m currently mixing for myself at 3mg.

Iā€™ve been lurking around here since July 2015, mostly mixing the work of others. In late 2015 I started focusing on learning flavors and trying to actually craft my own recipes. Wayneā€™s DIYorDIE videos have helped me immensely with understanding flavor profiles, and I give him credit for helping me see this as a community thing and not just a series of forums where random people happen to talk about things I need to know about.

Iā€™m a little obtuse at times, so on the rare occasion that I post hopefully you will all be a little forgiving. :smile:

7 Likes

Welcome, Mike! Iā€™m glad you decided to stop creeping and say hello! :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m a firm believer that everyone has something to add, even if itā€™s just a kind word. You never know who might need to hear something only you can say.

3 Likes

Hello Iā€™m David ! Iā€™m a vapeaholic

6 Likes

Hi David! We have an intervention program, but unfortunately we wind up convincing members to buy more stuffs instead of helping them stop. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Hi guys, Iā€™m Claire :slight_smile: Iā€™m from the UK, I manage a vape shop, I have been vaping for around 4 years, have been mixing for over 2 years and help admin a mixing FB groupā€¦ I think I need to expand my horizons! :joy:

5 Likes

Hiya! Weā€™re glad you (all) are here! :slightly_smiling:

Thanks JoJo :+1:

1 Like

Welcome all!

Smiles, everyone. Smiles.

Welcome everyone!

2 Likes

Dude, those cj 's are out there. We had a 1970 cj5 that continues without rust, kept in a garage back in California and we still own a 1990 wrangler ā€˜rustlessā€™. It is also kept in a garage and runs well, but not good enough to trust it to go too far out of town. It caught fire when my daughter owned it and Iā€™ve had to do some major rewiring. Needs a motor, sat too long, I think. Pain in the ass to get in and out of, but my 16 yr old loves it. One of these days when I can find the time to get off my ass , I may actually drop a new motor in it. Itā€™s been lifted 3" and has quite a bit of suspension modifications done to. Off roading is just a passion among several others. I spend most of my time in the motorcycle garage building Harleys and mixing (Madd Scientist ). I probably spend entirely too much money and time on juices and Harleyā€™s but part of being retired is enjoying yourself, and thatā€™s what I like to do.

1 Like

Hello. Fairly New here.

Been Vaping 2 years. Bought tons of vape gear. Did the whole route of mechs, little tanks, bigger tanks, MTL, Subohm and finally settled, predominantly with a half way point.
Very Grateful for this page, software and all of you within.

Just went DIY a few weeks ago. I had access to what I thought were the best e-Juice flavors on the market where i live and bought in bulk, 3 x 500mls at a time. I never ran out. But this also put off DIY for me.
Finally felt forced to go DIY with pending potential regulations = Need to stock upon Nicotine.
DIY was born.

Damn, Damn Damn, why didnā€™t someone tell me to do this sooner??
Been rewicking all of my tanks every 2nd or 3rd juice refill for ages.
Gunked up coils that needed cleaning at the same time which led to the need for new coils to be build as i didnā€™t like firing them up that often to clean (thoughts of degradation, etc)

Having started DIY here, I am going 2 weeks so far before needing to rewick.
I suddenly have a lot more spare time and fantastic juice to beat!

I sense a new addiction forming :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Official welcome! Iā€™ve seen you around for awhile but Iā€™m glad you decided to say hello. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Thank you.
Thought it was about time.

Am a bit weary of forum subculture having experienced some of the Chinese versions that only encourage bad behaviourā€¦ so prefer to sit quietly in the background elsewhere :slight_smile:

I actually think I am following you.
Will double check.
If not I shall correct that.

3 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m HelRaza. Iā€™ve been vaping since 2009 and really enjoy it. I spend a lot of money on juice and Iā€™m looking to start a new hobby and save some money! I canā€™t wait to take the first steps into DIY.

10 Likes

Hiya again Raza! :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum. Weā€™re gonna get ya taken care of. Youā€™ll be a pro in no time!

1 Like

I go by HoneyGram57 but my name is Barbara. I smoked for 40 years and like most I tried everything to quit but was never successful. Not until my son brought me an ecig and asked me to give it a try. Now Iā€™d never heard of vaping until that moment so I had to do some research to see if I was about to get into something that was worst than smoking! After a lot of reading the only thing that bothered me was the liquid not being regulated and having to take someoneā€™s word it was made the way it was suppose to be. Iā€™m not a trusting person in this respect. So more reading on how to DIY my own liquid. Iā€™m sure my son thought I wasnā€™t going to do it cause it was 3 months from the time he gave me the ecig until I rolled out my first batch of vapable juice and fired her up! I havenā€™t had a cigarette since that first day and that was two years ago now.
I now use a Joytech eVic VTC with a Taifun GT I wrap a stacked double coil to get .5 ohm and it works like a charm.
Shortly after I started vaping I got real sick and of course the first thing everyone jumped on was my vape. But as I pointed out to them my illness had nothing to do with my lungs and it just made sense if the vape was at fault my lungs would take the hardest hit instead of being in great shape. Which, thankfully made them put the brakes on the vape route and start looking for what was really going on. Canā€™t say their doing to good of a job in that department, more like diagnosing whatā€™s happening. Iā€™ve been hit with severe neuropathy and no longer have the use of my legs or bladder. In September I was hospitalized with Congestive Heart Failure and I just got out of the hospital with renal failure which they where able to reverse to Stage 3.Iā€™ve been allowed to vape each time Iā€™ve been hospitalized. :slightly_smiling:
You guys help me keep my sanity thru all this cause I get on here and read your stories, occasionally chat, gain inspiration for creation and for a while Iā€™m not alone, Iā€™m with friendsā€¦and you didnā€™t even know it.
THANK YOU

11 Likes

Hello all! From Tucson,AZ. Been a vaper for 4 years like a lot of people switched to vaping for the health benefits. Started with a pen vape and then found sub ohming. Iā€™ve been into DIY for over a year and since then havenā€™t set foot into any local b&m.

8 Likes