Be polite and introduce yourself! (2018)

Welcome aboard @GSAutoTech & @GeorgeT93
:wave: :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome, success and fun with your mixing adventures!
Good to see someone researching before diving in head first in the deep end :grin:
Guess youā€™ve figured out where and how to find the useful info, and if not, just post your questions and people here will guide you around.

6 Likes

Welcome new folks @GSAutoTech and @GeorgeT93

Hope you enjoy your stay

5 Likes

Diving in head first is one if my signature moves! Lol.
I learn real fast by making mistakes :slightly_smiling_face: keeps it real

7 Likes

Welcome to the club :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Careful what you do, or youā€™ll end up with this

and actually vaping tarragon and spearmint like me.

10 Likes

No worries, everybody has their own style. I kinda dived in head first tooā€¦ did a lot of things I wouldā€™ve done different had I known in advance.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll try to describe my go to juices.
Halo had Twisted Java. My first fav flav. Light coffee, slightly creamy, slightly sweet, possibly with touch of caramel, but on the back end had just a pinch of mint. Sorta like a mocha mint but didnā€™t have a chocolate notes. It was discontinued a while back.
Next, best described like Wrigleyā€™s spearmint gum. Although lighter on the spearmint & a touch more toward peppermint. Delicate balance.

3 Likes

Been taste testing at local shop new juices to expand my palette.
Really enjoying Butter sugar cookies & strawberry butter cookie. Yum

3 Likes

Mint is relatively easy. I go with Spearmint and peppermint from Flavour Art.
Menthol/WS-23/Koolada if you like it cold (at the moment, I am going fro WS-5 and WS-23 but menthol .5%/WS-23 1% is a good bet). Addition of herbs/lemon a good thing as well.

For the custard, Iā€™ll let the custard heads speak :slight_smile: Also, someone will mention flavours you canā€™t get hold of soon enough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @GeorgeT93 :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Congratulations, and welcome @GeorgeT93. Glad you found the forums.

3 Likes

If you want to make more, be sure to ask me, I make tons of them.

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m from Southeastern Indiana and have not been into vaping for very long. However, Iā€™ve been into it long enough for me to realize that this is the way to go to quit smoking.

Back in August, at a friends suggestion, I had her pick me up my first kit (Eleaf Aspire Aster), it wasnā€™t bad but I hadnā€™t hit the ā€œletā€™s do this!ā€ point yet. A couple of weeks later, I picked up a Smok Stick Prince and started using it a lot more, however, as much as I like it, itā€™s NOT a pocket friendly vape. Also, because I was smoking about a half pack a day, I was vaping at 6mgā€¦ the throat hits were pretty harsh at timesā€¦ LOL. After tasting a juice my friend had, I went into Cincinnati OH to a place I knew they sold it, only to find out they werenā€™t open on weekendsā€¦ LOL. Luckily for me, there was a vape lounge in the same shopping center. I tried and bought a couple of juices, but the vape we used stuck in my head, they used Vaporesso Tarot Nanos for sampling. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at nowā€¦ LOLā€¦ after a week of thought, I picked one up and not only is it easy to use, but itā€™s VERY pocket friendly (I should note I have a bigger tank coming though, the 2ml tank goes pretty quick when you use it a lot). I have gotten into the ā€œLetā€™s do it!ā€ mode with this and am slowly cutting back from the cigs even more. Iā€™ve also found that for me, 3mg versions are a lot better, maybe because I ā€œbuttedā€ my cigarettes a lot? Who knows, weā€™re all differentā€¦ LOL.

And that brings us to why I joined here, the next step will probably be to try making my own juices. But I wanted information before getting into it. Iā€™m not sure how long it will be before I start because Iā€™ve a few recommendations against starting before x amount of time, however, I do know that I will carefully read/watch the safety information before I start.

With all that saidā€¦ againā€¦ Hi!

17 Likes

Welcome.
If you have a few bucks to spare, you can definitely start mixing whenever.
One shots are a good way to start if you are worried about complicated mixing and want to limit risks.
Scales + bottles + vg + Pg + nic + a couple one shot concentrates, you should be able to keep it under 50.

9 Likes

Welcome @Blackjack3 :raised_hand:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard :wave: @Blackjack3

4 Likes

Welcome @Blackjack3
No need to be afraid of starting with DIYā€¦ most people agree that the only regret is that they hadnā€™t found out soon enough :wink: The freedom and satisfaction you get from it are worth paying for, but you save money instead.

4 Likes

You can save money or spend more when DIYing. I am probably spending more :slight_smile: but there are so few commercial juice I like and trust that it is worth it.

4 Likes