Best cantaloupe

Just wondeeing what is the best Cantaloupe to get. I find CAP’s is too perfumey and TFA’s is plain weird. Also Is there a trick to using Cantaloupe? ( E.M etc). Basically, i’m trying to mix a strawberry/ lemon/ cantaloupe recipe. Any ideas would be great.

4 Likes

I haven’t tested it yet, but I have Cantaloupe MF 1% SF at 3 weeks steeped and it smells amazing!

5 Likes

I havent used a bunch of cantaloupes, ive used FA , MF , FLV , and Caps … all of the cantaloupes seem to be realky floral at certain points , i think mixing them with a dominate flavor like guava or honeydew seems to mellow them out a bit … for me cantaloupe is never the primary flavor in a mix , a touch of cream in your mix can also help

5 Likes

i find the MF very floral , but i only tested once and the percentage was probably way too high

4 Likes

Best tip I’ve read is a kiss of mango can fix most cantaloupes.

8 Likes

Cantaloupe NF is awesome. Not at all floral.
1% is good in a mix.

2 Likes

What % and steep? So far, the smell is telling me it’s not floral, I should try it when I get home even though it’s a week early!

3 Likes

ya try it … im assuming i was at 1pct but that was many moons ago , when i moved in August i lost all my composition books that had notes in them :frowning: so i go off memory … ill be redoing notes soon .

3 Likes

Right on. I just double checked and I lost track of time… today is exactly 30 days! I have 10 SFTs to check out now, but I’m hitting that one first. I’ll get back with results soon.

3 Likes

Hiya Fidalgo. Basically, i’ve realised that Cantalouope is the top-note in Looper and have been trying to mix it with Strawberry and lemon but keep getting off-notes.

I know, i’m still chasing after that white whale. I’d love to know how to get cantaloupe to work in cereal mix, ause those bubblegum notes work wonders

4 Likes

My favorite is FA with a little Flavorah Wild Melon. Melon Medley by Real Flavors leans toward Cantaloupe too.

This sounds delish! Can’t wait to try this! :smiley:

5 Likes

FW cantoloupe is spot on, its juicy, has body and has no floral aspect. Used to high it can smell like paint thinner lol but it does not translate to the vape. I would say 3-4% on the high end…

5 Likes

This is surprising to me! I don’t have any to go back and check with this in mind, but I didn’t detect any Cantaloupe or Strawberry. I see you’ve been working on a Looper for quite a while so you have probably tasted and tested more in-depth than I did. But, I made a recipe that is reeeally close to the original last month. It uses Lemon as the top-note with AP and EM to boost things up. It’s so close, the only thing I’d change is a little more Lemon and a little less Sweetener.
Here it is if you want to take a look:

I’m interested to follow up with you on the Cantaloupe idea if you find one that works the magic!

6 Likes

hey bud … im with @Plunderdrum on the cantaloupe , i couldnt imagine where the cantaloupe comes into play with the original looper , but that me … ill have to stop by my friends vape shop and try looper again , its been awhile and ive sworn it off , ever since i detected the EM in it ( after diy ) thats what i taste the most of and it no longer settles right , ill always love Philipe Rocke bc without looper i would have never quit smoking …

3 Likes

smoky blue has a recipe that she uses cantaloupe in , i forget what it was but the pairing was unusual id check out some of her recipes @Plunderdrum do you know what im talking about ??? @anon84779643 could you help with this???

3 Likes

I think it’s a Pumpkin recipe

3 Likes

I swear on my cats’ life i get cantaloupe from Looper. I bought 5 bottles from the U S and over the last 4 months have been meditating with it almost.
Like you fidalgo, it’s because it was my first juice that i’m obessed with it. It’s loaded with E.M and it pretty trashy but would love to roughly interpret it.

4 Likes

Will check this out. Thanks a mill mate.

4 Likes

I can dig it. If you get Cantaloupe, I say you get Cantaloupe! No cats need come to harm, haha!

As a pure experiment(10-15ml), because sometimes time spent with a thing can distort it…

If you’d like a fresh look at the tribute recipe you posted in Sept. (And, this is just a fun suggestion! If you love yours and I’m overstepping, tell me I can take a long hike down a short trail!) Try losing the Bubblegum, Strawberry and Vanilla Custard, add some true Lemon, AP and a milky Cream, keep everything else. I have a sneaky suspicion it will work nicely.

3 Likes

All of my recipes with cantaloupe in them… Here :smiley:

6 Likes