Best Coconut

What is the best coconut? I’ve used Capella and TPA EX coconut, the capella is by far the sweeter tasting and was just wondering what some of you thought. Other brands as well.

I use Coconut Extra…think it’s cap…can’t quite remember, I like it though :wink:

1 Like

I use Coconut Extra-TPA I like it more than the Coconut-TPA

2 Likes

yeah it’s TPA i just looked, i was just being lazy lol…

3 Likes

FLV’s sweet coconut is really good too. I use TFA’s extra when I’m looking for that strong, front, coconut and FLV’s sweet when I want a nice subtle back note

6 Likes

I’ll be honest, I like using coconut FA to add a light layer of coconut.

2 Likes

I think FA coconut is really good, but it’s not really sweet. More like a raw coconut flavor. I think tpa coconut extra kinda tastes like old coconut oil…

3 Likes

great question one i need to know as well i have caps it weak

1 Like

I like FA Coconut as a lightly sweet realistic coconut cream. It’s more of a coconut cream to me. I like TFA Coconut Candy as a sweetened baking coconut flake. Very much like the real thing like used on coconut cake and in 7 layer bars. And I like FLV Sweet Coconut, it’s a meaty realistic type coconut flavor with moderate sweetening,not quite as creamy as FA, sweetness level is between the FA and TFA Candy.

All are very good. Sweetness level least sweet to sweetest is:

1. FA Coconut
  2. FLV Sweet
  3. TFA Coconut Candy
6 Likes

I like a hint of Coconut in the background, on my tobaccos occasionally.

FLV Sweet Coconut has worked well for me.

1 Like

Hmmmm, what are you using it with.

1 Like

I have FA Coconut, FLV Sweet Coconut, and TPA Coconut Candy and I love them all, I think they are all fairly sweet, but the most realistic of the three is the FA. The FA is probably my favorite although I do use them all for different hints of Coconut flavor depending on what I am going for in my mixes.

2 Likes

bingo, that’s exactly what it tastes like. I like to use it in conjunction with the Capella, but wifey doesn’t like it at all. So I need to try a few I have like 4 or 5 things that have a little coconut in them and guess I’ll be revamping them with a different coconut.

1 Like

Ahhh yes. The elusive Coconut. I’ve used both FA and CAP Coconut. Both tend to be rather subtle. So if you’re looking for a somewhat prominent coconut - look elsewhere. FA seems to be even more subtle than the CAP. Either one in my mixes so far, mostly live in the exhale. I also find that I need to steep them at least 2 weeks for the most presence.

1 Like

Lets make this even more confusing :grinning: INW coconut is also pretty good, not a candy flavour and not overpowering. LA’s coconut is good too but do not go beyond the 3% or…
So far we have TPA, CAP, FA, FLV, INW and LA, let the coconut war commence :sunglasses:

2 Likes

OK my notes, I have had TPA coconut extra (not DX) I guess it’s extra strong. It can be overpowering and as @VapeyMama said, it can taste like old coconut oil.
I have tried the INW I wasn’t impressed, but I think it was more a case of it wasn’t the kind of coconut I’m liking.
I’ve used the Capella, and I think of the three it’s the one that has the flavore profile I like it’s sweet enough, and fairly true to the mark. I now wonder how does Flavorah compare flavorwise to Capella. I know it will be quite a bit stronger, but will it have that sweet coconut flavor like I want or more of a raw nutty flavor like unsweetened

1 Like

A wife that is really picky at times. lmao, but yeah that’s the deciding factor.

3 Likes

I can’t even believe that is possible…you must be the ONLY man that has one. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Yeah but thank god it’s only one. :blush:

I like a couple different coconuts @DarthVapor has it nailed. If you want a mild coconut that’s soft FLV will give you that around 1-1.5 % in your face coconut is TFA’s coconut extra at even 1% it’s going to be dominant in the batch.

Cap’s I like for a sweeter coconut yet it doesn’t have as much of a rawness , so coconut FA is more " meat-like "

Here is HIC’s notes on what FA is like to him I agree.

Creamy, realistic coconut flavor like raw coconut meat/milk or unsweetened coconut cream. It’s the same level of sweetness as fresh coconut - not sugar-coated or candy, and not at all processed or artificial tasting. It’s a great tropical touch for fruit blends, tobaccos, coffee, and bakery recipes. Mix with sweet candy flavors for candy bars. Excellent in cocktail-type vapes, where it works just like coconut cream. When building a recipe, keep in mind that you’ll taste Coconut as a lingering flavor at the end of an exhale. For dry coconut flavor, add FA Oakwood for a coconut-husk effect. Abbreviated from the flavor notes on ELR http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/143 click on notes tab to read further.

6 Likes