Best flavor rdas

If you can get the v1 for the air flow unless you vape more wide open. For me for restricted DL is basically two holes half open. V1.5 is just as good if you want more open when using Clapton and fancier coils.

3 Likes

Could only find v1.5 so I ordered it

5 Likes

I’ve had A.A.S and M.A.S for a while now I have 21 mods and 33 different RDA,RTA,RDTA,and RBA tanks.I only do rebuildables hate buying pre made stuff

6 Likes

These are some of my best, single coil RDA’s

I do have atty stands, if anyone wants to showcase there atty’s. 6061 alum alloy. .003 oversize hole for the 510., I’m in the process of making, building stands that are brass, stainless, alum, white oak, hickory, black delrin, white delrin, threaded 510, in various sizes and shapes. And can machine to your specs and drawings.

12 Likes

I love my citadels for flavor it’s top notch.Goon has great flavor to but I think the citadale it better. Now if I’m looking for clouds and flavor it’s the goon 1.5 all the way love them both.

5 Likes

Best flavor hands down imo is the profile rda. Also the wasp nano is a little flavor banger for about 10-15$. My other 2 favs for flavs are the Tobeco Zorro and the Asmodus galatek. In general at least with my experience any rda with bottom airflow will give you great flavor. If you want the best flavor though profile! I know everyone was talking about the 3 you listed, but I just figured anyone new to this thread could read this. Sorry for the rant!

5 Likes

How much For 6 of them?

2 Likes

Bout to put that to the test. Got a profile rda and a unity coming my way.

6 Likes

I think you’ll love it! I use mine 55 watts with the wotofo mesh and it’s amazing! Lmk what you think.

4 Likes

all depends if you want the same profile for the 6., or 6 different profiles… just for instance the citadel sitting in front of the OBS, 10.00 each, I could give better deal if you order over 10 , so basically the simpler profiles cost less, the ones with more steps, angles etc. will be more. PM me if interested. Thanks for your interest !!

4 Likes

Profile Rda hands down. Used with rayon for wick and 55 watts. Never need another rda again.

5 Likes

Same! Now I guess I just give away my other rdas lol!

3 Likes

@Deerslayer and @GalacticResidue I’ve ZERO experience with rayon wicking. Would either of you mind sharing what brand site you’re using to get rayon you’re using for the Profile? Those ludicrous sized wotofo agleted cotton hanks are not doing it for me, really. That’s my least fave thing about profile.

And thanks to @Johncox245, for your original question… I’ve had my eye on the Dead Rabbit, but all the responses make me think I need to check out Goon before I pull the trigger. Highly useful question!

Can any of you weigh in on airflow between Dead Rabbit and Goon orig or 1.5? Which would be the most airy? I’m looking for, like, wild-and-windy-typhoon-agator type air. lol I’d rather have more airflow that i can restrict a bit over airflow that I find too restrictive.

3 Likes

The Dead Rabbit is good. I am getting better flavor off of these other ones: The Drop, Bonza, and the Profile are better to me in many ways. Flavor and vapor production are amazing in the devices mentioned. I have a Goon, but rarely use it now.

4 Likes

Sally’s Beauty Supply has 500 ft of CelluCotton for 13 bucks or so. This is what I use and it’s great. Make sure it’s rayon by looking for the 100% rayon fibers tag. I’ll have to add a pic when I get home. The part number is 44060 if you decide to order it online instead of walking in to one locally if you have one within driving distance. I’ll also add pics of how I wick mine if you’d like, since it’s different from what I have seen on a few threads.

6 Likes

I also own the drop rda. It was my first rda and I also use rayon to wick it with. But, the profile is better for flavor imo.

4 Likes

This is not a pro way of doing this, but this is how I do it.

Take a 6 inch or so piece of the Sally’s Rayon and fold in half. I use a spare piece of coil wire to help pull it through the mesh. I replaced my spring using a click pen spring(Tortured Zen came up with this idea). I use my tweezers to push down on the “plunger” so it makes it easier to pull the wick through. You may have to hold down the mesh with a finger or two without distorting the mesh to prevent distorting the mesh, if that makes any sense. If you think you have too much as compared to cotton, it might just be enough.

I split the two halfs and cut the bottoms almost flush with the mesh.

I then fluff the hell out of it, since I only want 20% or less of the amount inside the mesh.

I then trim flush with the bottom of the profile and lightly tuck them in. Put the the rest of it back together, drip some juice on it, prime the coil, and welcome to FLAVOR NATION!

I can show how I wick my drop rda with a single 3 wrap fused clapton with rayon if anyone is curious.
BTW, this is the box the rayon comes in.

7 Likes

Nice job. I just watch several YouTube vids to see how to wick that beast correctly and read the manual too. LOL. For me I took one piece, one whole piece of cotton bacon and worked in there. The flavor I get off of it now is sublime! I cannot wait for my Unity to come in.

Edit: Meant to say I learned more from your pics than the vids and manual.

5 Likes

Nice Wraith too. Have not seen those for some time now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I too have used Cotton Bacon as well as COTN in it, and both were great, but I feel the rayon is better. Of course it’s much more of a PITA than cotton. I just got that Wraith from my wife’s cousin who doesn’t use it anymore because my GBOX battery door keeps popping open randomly and they don’t sell spare parts for it. The wraith isn’t a bad device, just battery life isn’t the greatest with it. So I will use it until I find a decent replacement for the gbox. Any suggestions on a great dual battery squonk mod? I’ve only been vaping since July 2018, so I still a noob.

4 Likes