Best Flavors For Shake and Vape?

I tell folks to start with a solo flavor, and start low… .2% and see if you can taste it (albeit, let it sit for a day or so!) and then mark where You can taste it… then your second mark will be where you enjoy it… then you have a range to work other flavors into. :slight_smile:

It’s not measured in mg… but there are 50 drops per ml and if you use scales

1 drop = .02g or .02ml…

3 Likes

@delltrapp The blueberry I made was incredible. I think I went to 10% with TFA then 3% with flavorah. OMG it was good!!! I could taste that and it wasn’t sweet like others. Just the right blend.

2 Likes

If you would like to read up more on flv… I run the flvfan site… :slight_smile:

There is also a shop on it… I am an affiliate and a whole seller…

https://flvfan.com/

2 Likes

@anon84779643 What do you think about letting it sit in warm water for 3-5 minutes. I read somewhere that works? Is there any truth to it? See, these are things that REALLY help me. TYSM for giving me the info!!! It super helps! So, .6% of the TFA? I also want a not so sweet watermelon. LNW makes a premixed “melon mania” but it’s so sweet I don’t like it. I really like the simple stuff (I used to get ragged on about that from people who used to vape lol).

2 Likes

@anon84779643 trying to sign up now. just waiting for the email.

3 Likes

I do not believe in it… its psychosomatic. It can also damage your flavor molecules. Once capped, dont uncap it, dont sit it in warm water… it wont take time, using flv… with tfa… its been so long since I have used standard flavors… I cant tell you much of anything.

Again I cant help much on tfa :wink:

So dont add any sweetener and stay away from flavor west… it’s loaded in sweeteners… so is Lorann…

Hope this helps… :slight_smile:

sorry @woftam… I know you are trying to clean up… thought I was on the right spot.

3 Likes

all good i moved em while you were typing

5 Likes

I know you asked Smoky and she answered, but a wee bit more of an explanation…

For 99.99995% of the DIY community, time steeping is the best method. This is because mechanical maturation processes do actually work, but the equipment needed to achieve it are very, very costly, far out of the range of the home mixer. And rather large at that- think industrial scale. So, put it out of your mind and stick with shelving your mixes until they’re ready to go.

9 Likes

Have to agree with Phil here. Back in the old days we stuck things in an ultrasonic, put bottles in our car so the sun would heat them up… etc. Good old tried and truth method that works … dark closet and time. I hate it too wish I could make things steep faster LOL

3 Likes

I’m lucky enough that I can cut it because mine’s 18mg/ml and I’m going down to 6mg. If I use the Melon Mania at 1/3rd it’s dose, I can very slowly (@anon84779643 for teaching lol) work up. It doesn’t take much sweetener at all to make it to sweet.

You could add a nicotine shot to it if you have it in the right mg/ml for you then add your VG and PG? Probably to better try that then let it sit on the shelf?

Just a suggestion. Probably a bad one but had to toss it out there.

3 Likes

@Gus6 Good call on @Amy2’s FA Tiger’s Blood. She did a GREAT job on that one.

3 Likes

Amy did great on so many things… miss her around here

5 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist, I agree with @anon84779643 in so much that I don’t heat either. I mean, if you WANT to get scientific, VG is THICK. Flavors are NOT bonded when fresh mixed. If you heat (at least VG anyway) it can help THIN it out, which COULD lead to a faster blending. Nicotine, and flavors however, don’t respond as well to heat. Just because you warm/heat something doesn’t mean you’ll destroy it, BUT, you could be reducing it’s flavor without realizing it, or oxidizing your NIC ahead of schedule.

5 Likes

Agreed @authormichellehughes.

3 Likes

That is why I don’t add the nic until I finish whatever heated methodology I use.

3 Likes

how do you adjust the flavors to cover the ml of nic you put in @anon70102222?

2 Likes

He just mixes the recipe and leaves the nic out until after he has heated

4 Likes

doesn’t the volume of nic change the flavor?

2 Likes

The recipe is calculated as if it has nic in it he just doesnt put it in

4 Likes

@woftam, ah… I have the phone app. It works… meh… but good enough. I don’t understand how places like LNW etc get souch strong flavors. They let them sit on the shelf that long? they must be making it in 55gal barrels

2 Likes