Best Lychee Flavor

Does anyone know which flavoring is closest to the actual lychee fruit? I have both Flavorah and Capella’s Sweet Lychee. Neither is close to the actual fruit for me. Flavorah is very nice but overly musky whereas Capella is mild and sweet. I bought a commercial ejuice, Skwezed Lychee, that is surprisingly accurate. BLVK Unicorn is also quite accurate. I tried mixing various proportions of Flavorah and Capella to see if I can clone the ejuice but it’s not working. I also looked up the most popular Lychee flavors in the database. I noticed that RAW was up there and some other brands but, unfortunately, there were no notes attached to any of them so I can’t know how accurate those flavors are. Also, I watched a tasting notes video by DIY or DIE but none of the presenters had eaten a real lychee so I could not go by their favorite.

4 Likes

I have had a real lychee and really dig them. I haven’t found a concentrate all that accurate but the one I use when I want lychee is FA.

5 Likes

Same here :+1:t2:

5 Likes

yeah, i do like FA quite a bit. but, as i mentioned before, it’s heavier and muskier than the fruit, which is fine, no complaints, but when i taste Skwezed and BLVK ejuices and am struck by how accurate they are then i know there must either be a concentrate out there that i haven’t discovered or there must be some recipe that i haven’t hit upon.

3 Likes

It seems that plenty of mixers enjoys fw lychee more, and even thinks that this was in the blvk @willie6

2 Likes

cool! on my shopping list it goes. thanks!

3 Likes

oh, wait. i confused FA with Flavorah. on my shopping list it goes. thanks!

3 Likes

I love the lychee flv…

I can tart it up further with things like lemon or pineapple…
I can get it super sweet with cotton candy and sweetness… even a drop or so of sugar orchid…
A touch of maple bar could do nicely too… some oak barrel and lychee is nice but not as nice as lychee and green or eisia tea… so many ways you can play with lychee that it all depends on what you want and how to achieve it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s the top 5 in the database.

4 Likes

@anon70102222 quick! Staple my mouth shut man…that’s just too easy LMAO :wink:

4 Likes

Hush Sparky!! :stuck_out_tongue:
I am playing nice tonight!! I swear!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

i’m such a simpleton, i stick to single flavors but your suggestions sound too yummy to pass up!

4 Likes

that’s strange, when i looked for the top rated ones i got a completely different list. none of those were even in the top ten, except for Cap. i must have done something wrong. in any event, i went shopping yesterday and got FLV, FA and TPA, which i’ve tasted before and like very much. I already have Cap. Today, i’ll get FW. I’ve tasted them all but none taste like the lychee that I’m after. the only one that i’ve not tasted is FW.

3 Likes

This is a chart for the common word lychee, how many recipes each one has… and the stars are from people that have rated the recipes… not the actual flavor. Do not let that confuse you.

As to what you like, sometimes you need to work with the flavor you like the best. You might need to add either other lychees, or step out and follow thru with some of my suggestions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have lost track of all the Lychee flavors I have purchased in an effort to clone Picasso’s Palette by One Last Drop. This is by far my favorite commercial juice ever, but so damned elusive.

I feel like FLV’s Lychee is the closest in flavor to what’s used, although I’d say if that’s what’s in it then it would be exceptionally low dose. Or maybe not! The flavor profile of the Lychee is so close to FLV, but softer - less acidic. So I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some type of enhancer at play here.

But @willie6 you aren’t here asking about Picasso’s Palette. I’ve never heard of Skwezed Lychee, only that I can tell you from my own experience, Lychee a tough flavor to pin down when you know there are other supporting flavors. If you do try FLV, start super low and build on it. Say 1-2 drops per 30 ml at first. And good luck!

Tagging @Ghettotrout

5 Likes

Skwezed is surprisingly good. I had never heard of it either until I came across it in a YouTube review. I’ll definitely look into Picasso’s Palette. I"m game for anything Lychee. Lychee is my absolute favorite flavor, and I would vape it in my sleep if i could. So, if I can make something that tastes like Skwezed or BLVK, I would be set for life! Speaking of, I need to buy some juices today. Online orders will be banned in about a week. I’m in NYC. :rage:

2 Likes

Totally agree… I love to jack lychee up, but I also know I love a sweet lychee tea, and only use 2 drops in 30 ml… but then I have a pineapple where I match pineapple and lychee at 1.2% each… flv has flavors that really can do some funky things, if you do not work your solos from low to high then you will miss the finer points and tastes with them. Its why I popped up the booklet the other day, and hope that others will understand the fine work solos can do to help a recipe out. :slight_smile:

I do have time if anyone needs clones… will need samples. So if you are thinking you need some help, I have a few days next week I can work on a few. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The next time you search a flavor, sort the results by clicking the Recipes column.

4 Likes

oh my. i’m using 15% in mine!!! well, i make it for a pod system and i find that i can’t taste anything if i use the normal amounts that one uses in drippers or tanks. at that percentage, FLV is very perfumey in a dripper.

3 Likes

Dude! that is way too much…
I dont even go over 1% lychee in any of my pods…
Lower it. All you are doing is wasting money to taste a funky flavor.

No wonder why you are not getting what you want.

Start low like .4% and work your way up. There is a good reason flv is so expensive. You do not use it like tfa or cap :wink:

3 Likes