Best Mints....?

Greetings. I am making an order with Nic River. Its time to bring in all the apples and pears out there…

Also, I would like to cover mints too. I have TFA koolada in my cart so far. I’d like a couple best spearmint and a couple best peppermint and 2 best menthol…

I tried looking through flavor notes… but my coffee is now cold, and I have yet to locate any. lol

Much obliged folks. :smiley:

4 Likes

The best Spearmint and Peppermint I have found so far are both from Capella and Nic river doesn’t carry them. Bull City has them and they have really good shipping prices too.
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/

Nothing against Nic River, they’re a good company, they just don’t carry everything. I also have Real Flavor’s Mint and Spearmint but I haven’t tested them yet. TPA Wintergreen is very refreshing which I think Nic River may carry. For menthol I had to make my own using raw crystals to get it strong enough. Most brands use 10% menthol, I needed 50% to feel satisfied. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck!

5 Likes

Hey Kirk

My go to with mints has been Peppermint TPA and Spearmint INW, with a few drops of Wintergreen TPA. As for menthol I have always made my own with Menthol crystals, so easy to do and by far the most cost effective…also…IMO…tastes better. Menthol INW is a good one though if you can’t be bothered mixing your own :wink:

5 Likes

beat me to it lol :wink:

3 Likes

Oooh, by milliseconds it seems! :grin:

4 Likes

Capella Cool Mint is THE mint.

4 Likes

You might also want to take a look at http://wizardlabs.us
They have a mint sampler pack featuring 5 variations (spearmint, mild winter peppermint, cool mint, mint candy, and peppermint oil in 8ml vials). Prices are reasonable and shipping is pretty quick.

3 Likes

TFA Mint Candy… yummm with some toasted marshmallow yummy yumm

1 Like

TFA Creme de Menthe and Peppermint are good… Koolada isn’t minty, it does give a juice coldness though and I use it quite a bit. Another like that is the Polar Blast by Flavorart. CAP’s menthol is also one I’ve used quite a bit.

2 Likes

Personally, Capella Peppermint is my favorite.

1 Like

Capella Cool Mint is a nice one, it is one of those mellow mint flavors with Cooling effect that can pair nicely with Vanilla for a vanilla or to make a smooth Butter mint recipe. I use it mainly because it has the versatility factor of being a minty and cool, but will still meld with less dominant flavors.

2 Likes

Sorry Maureeenie I kinda skimmed through so fast, I didn’t see you beat me to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I second that Cool Mint Capella’s is the best all around mint flavor.

2 Likes

Tpa spearmint is good but extremely strong! It also does not mix well in VG and has to have some PG to avoid the dreaded floating flavor syndrome.

1 Like

I would love to hear how you use tpa spearmint. down to .5% I get god awful chem taste. And for me it did not go away even after 2 mo. Today I just whipped up a 10 ml tester with 1 drop that I am hoping might work!

1 Like

It’s super strong stuff. Had to mix 80/20 for the flavor to mix. The flavor does not like VG and distilled water. Have to have A little PG to thoroughly mix. .3% seems like a good starting point. To remove the flavor from the tank, soak all parts in arm/hammer super washing soda @ 2T soda to 2 pints hot water. Soak 15 - 20 min and rinse very well in hot water.

4 Likes

It is nice to hear someone has had success with this! I will work my way up from 1 drop!

1 Like

It’s a super potent flavor! When I first used it, I thought it was going to be weak like the wintergreen is. That’s very good but weak. The spearmint is just crazy strong but a real tasting one…to me

3 Likes

Inawera frost is a really nice one imo and well worth a try.

1 Like

Holy, there sure is quite a few. Looks like this DIY thing is gonna cost a couple K to get set up proper.

1 Like