Best new gear 2018

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for all the little gems of vaping from the year.

I will start us off wiyh the crown 4 tank with mesh coils (normal coils ok but must get .23 ohm mesh ones). Dam this thing has flavour flavour and more flavour. Seriously since i got one i have not vaped on anything else for more than 2 puffs at a time. If anyone is thinking of one do yourself a favour a just get it.

5 Likes

I don’t guess it would be considered gear but the best new item out there for me was COTN threads. I freaking love them.

5 Likes

Qp fatality is a stunning RTA! Flavor for days, huge build deck/chamber easy wicking.

6 Likes

Squid Detonator and QP JuggerKnot mini are my favorite purchases this year. The COTN threads are pretty handy as well.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s best, because as always it’s heavily based on subjectivity.

For me the “best” released items were the ammit rda, even tho it’s not mtl, which is great for me since I hate “real” mtl lol. The intake rta, the recurve rda, revolver rta, kylin mini rta and the hermetic rda.

Box mods, lost vape paranormal 250c my only mod I use on a daily basis by now.

Squonk mods, I hate to say it but I replaced all my squonks with the pulse 80w (90w with firmware update) till the day I buy a dna squonker lol.

Sorry I couldn’t name just one item, but all these listed I use a lot, hard to name only one :frowning:

5 Likes

How would you rate the hermetic RDA? This is the only thing hardware wise that has popped up on my radar.

3 Likes

Well it’s a bit awkward since it has only one side airflow, so if you don’t want turbulence you need to make sure, that the airflow is not facing towards you when taking a hit.

Due to just having one side airflow, it’s not quite. Not that it whistles like the wasp nano at times, but you do hear it. Not sure how else to say it lol.

To me, it’s a tiny bit more restrictive than the recurve, which in my case is great.

And you do have to be careful with squonking, since it can leak unless you leaning it towards the non airflow side lol.

Anyways, I would say this, if you have a recurve and do not want anything more restrictive (again not by much but noticeable) or you happy with the recurve as it is, then there’s no reason to get this one.

To me the flavor is not better or worse in comparison, and the louder airflow can be annoying at times but the deeper wells and a bit more restriction are the pros for this rda.

I can’t really rate it, but I would put it in the middle field together with the recurve, based on rdas I have. Damn sure there’s always something way better :wink: I hope my gibber ish helps…

5 Likes

I may have a recurve, I need to look.

I have 3 Luna squnkers that I am looking for great single coil RDAs to get on with them. I have a Drop Solo but I think the flavor is average and with the coil sitting so high it tends to get dry hits if you don’t wait quite a few minutes after squonking.

Thanks for the info on the hermetic!

5 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have a drop solo, since I never liked the regular drop. Maybe someone can chime in that does have both and do a comparison.

No problem I’m happy to answer questions or help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you looking for a good single coil RDA or are you just curious about the Hermetic?

The Pixie RDA is a really good single coil Squonk or Drip RDA. I think it shines as a squonker and the flavor is really good.

2 Likes

I will check out the reviews. Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Do me a favor, if you will. When and if you do a youtube search, let me know if mine comes up in your search. I would sincerely appreciate it because I am trying to make my titles come up in a search. Even though I wasn’t trying for SEO at the time.

2 Likes

I does come up in the search when I type in “pixie RDA”

2 Likes

Thanks bro. :+1:

1 Like

pron to drip sumin that cant take me filling her w/ sumin new due to totally bottom airflow might not be good idea for me

1 Like