Best "Pocket Rigs" (no pods!)

Oddly enough, depending on the build I have in at the time, I’ll find myself dripping away from home on the Aegis Mini. Not sure if this says how much of an aversion I have to RTAs, but I take this setup out before I would any RTAs that I own.
Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 12.06.02 AM
Aegis Mini & Asgard Mini (w/ beauty ring)

5 Likes

I have daily’d the Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V1 on a Charon mini. It’s a big RTSA on a compact duel 18650 mod. The Aromamizer Plus, although big and heavy for out and about is a very reliable tank. I’ve used different sizes, 5ml, 10ml, and 15ml bubble glass. The 5ml is the best to pocket but it doesn’t last very long. The 10 is a good compromise between size and volume.

I couldn’t find a picture of the setup put together.

5 Likes

I have the original Berserker RTA, the Mini and the 1.5. The original is a bit of a leaker, the Mini has better flavour and is a lot less leaky and the 1.5 is pretty perfect all round. There is a V2 out but I haven’t tried that one yet. The 1.5 very much reminds me of the Kayfun Lite 2019 (which I have) flavour and airflow wise but the Berserker has top fill and an airflow control ring at the base instead of in the 510 like the Lite, the flavour is just as great and I find it very reliable and easy to build. I have the original Berserker RDA but I don’t like it and much prefer the DPRO Mini which is my preferred style of vape.

5 Likes

I also have the original Berserker, the mini and RDA but didn’t bother buying the 1.5 as I found both RTAs to leak too much.
The RDA is ok but better in squonking mode in my opinion as my top cap is simply too tight. I also had the problem that once I’d wrestled the top cap off the airflow restrictor could very easily move and on occasions has completely came out. PITA.

I tried numerous wicking methods but lost patience and have resigned myself that the only way to use the RTAs is to bottom fill them. Once I tried that I found the wicking quite forgiving but don’t believe they matched the hype that I bought into.

I use a very old Istick with an almost as old original Serpent Mini as a daily pocketable setup. They both still work after approximately 6 years service?
In fact I tried to buy another Serpent Mini within Australia but couldn’t find one. Even FT didn’t have one so I gave up looking.
I bought the Serpent Alto RTA a good while after which I find very similar but my post screws were stuffed from day one.

6 Likes

I never had the Serpent Mini but I have heard good reports about it. That Berserker RDA top cap was a nightmare to get off and I damaged the black paint on mine trying to prize it off with a knife. VandyVape needs to sort their tolerances out with their O Rings etc because many of the items that I have bought of theirs suffer with the same problems.

6 Likes

Their Mesh V2 RDA top cap is really tight too. I was just checking that out the other day.

4 Likes

I used Aspire Feedlinks for over a year strait with Elder Dragons on top of them. Those are some great squonk mods and can be found for really cheap. They slide in and out of pockets nicely too. I’ve gone up to single 21700 squonks recently though. I still love my Feedlinks and will have to use one soon.

The newer ones have easier quarter (or half?) turn battery caps. They don’t really leak and just do their job. Sometimes if you press the bottle to hard and hold it a bit of juice can dribble out but I haven’t had any consistent leaking.

5 Likes

You’re words were in my head when I saw a review for the Berserker V2 mini and I watched it. I was reminded of another reason I skipped the “full size” V2, being the stupid top fill it had.
However the mini doesn’t look bad and for the sake of full disclosure I admit it I’m tempted!

3 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me mate, it’s a shame really because other than that most of the products that I have of theirs is pretty good.

3 Likes

I will have to have a look at that one…just for the sake of research of course lol.

4 Likes

My favorite pocket rocket setup - the original Swag with Kayfun Lite for a bit of MTL action on the go :+1:

7 Likes

Ok, so I get that pods are out, but, I just have to put in a plug for the Vaperesso PM80. Damn good flavor, 4ml capacity, and I get over 300 puffs per battery. It’s a best yet regarding pods for me. Coils are hardy as well. It’s my little buddy or “back up” if you will.

5 Likes

@KiwiPete That’s a classy looking rig. :smiley:

@SmilingOgre There’s quite a few really good POD’s out now. Like you and many of us here, I’ve turned into a hobbyist with vaping tech and gear. POD’s vape really well and taste great but there’s just not enough hobby in the POD life. I admire a lot of them and I guess I’m even a little jealous of some, as silly as that is. How dare them make POD’s that rival the performance of our Vaperson G-2000 limited custom nuclear powered mega-mods :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Absolutely! I’m not giving up my mods and RBA’s for sure. Well put “not enough hobby in the POD life”. Lol, I’ve got thousands of feet of wire to use up!

6 Likes

Forz + Druga RTA

8 Likes

And when I need a cloudy pocket-rocket – druga RTA on the GTRS 150 (getting all gun metal matchy-matchy)

8 Likes

Every different gunmetal is a different shade of grey… How many of you walk your RTA/RDA around your gunmetal mods to find the perfect match???

6 Likes

#Truth… I actually saw one the other day that was more of a “black chrome” being listed as gunmetal

5 Likes

100%… I realized early on a big part of my love for smoking cigs was the “ritual” of it… The hobby side of vaping is that, and more. One of those dead solid undeniable reasons why vaping beats smoking, for me.

@KiwiPete & @INOIROC… I keep hearing whispers of the Druga… that might be the ticket… I’ve actually gone to purchase quite a few mentions on this thread already but can’t find the gear anywhere… I feel like every single thing I look up is out of stock… Freakin frustrating man… but I know the Druga seems to be readily available.

6 Likes

Awe man… just realized I forgot to even share what I ended up ordering after a few responses on this thread:

Aegis Mini… I actually got the solo first and a few weeks later after window shopping the mini’s I decided to go with it because of how noticeable the size difference was in hand compared to the solo…
OFRF Gear… which I waned interest in after about a month of not being able to find the right build to put in it… The closest attempts I had either didn’t have enough cotton to fill the juice holes, or it would gunk up on me SUPER fast irregardless of what type of juice I was using… I’m haunted by building RTAs, I swear.
Drag w/ Profile RDA for size comparison.

6 Likes