Best RDA & Setup for Flavor 2018

I recently bought my 1st rda which is Drop (with double parallel coil) because of the hype, and this is my first time dealing with double coil too. I thought, if we’re using double coil, it’ll double the flavor but what i get is just hugeeee dense cloud but less flavor compared to my mtl tanks. Great, but not as great as mtl. I did some research and many said that rda would give the best flavor versus anything, and that’s the reason i want to switch to squonkable rda. And yes, a lot of people said that single coil gives better flavor compared to double coil. I guess my assumption on double coil = double the flavor is wrong?

I heard that Drop Solo is the best one but there’s a lot of people suggesting Wasp Nano too. I also read that someone said Wasp Nano shouldn’t go above 50 watts or it’ll be too hot. Watched a nice review from RIP Trippers about Wotofo Profile + OFRF mesh but currently the mesh is not available in Malaysia :tired_face:

What do you guys think? If i want to buy a new rda for flavor, which rda would you suggest? What setup should i try? Ohm? Watts? Any input would be much appreciated. All i care about is flavor flavor flavor! Anyway i’m using Gbox 200W squonk mod now.

6 Likes

I’m pretty new to vaping, so I would go to YouTube and start watching reviews of the Drop Solo… a lot of times they show the build AND tell you how the flavor is…

Good Luck!

EDIT: Yep, new here… LOL… you might search the review section here too! There might be a review for the Drop here…

4 Likes

You can build the 2 coil drop as a single coil, I do it all the time restrict the air flow and even get an 810 to 510 reducer drip tip. Play with it the drops has a deep juice well a definite plus. Those others you mentioned I have heard some good thing about. Sometimes it takes a bit of fiddling around to get the flavor/cloud you want. Good luck

4 Likes

I’ve watched quite a lot of review actually but i’d like to know more opinions from the users. Which one would you personally choose?

1 Like

I don’t have my rda yet, but I have a Mad Hatter Mini enroute… should be here Monday. My primary vape is a Vaporesso Tarot Nano, so I had to find something that would fit (max for the Nano is 22mm). But I’ve also seen a lot of the vids…

1 Like

Oh my god i just realized they do include 510 and the flat drip tip too! This is so cool! Thanks a lot David, without you i wouldn’t know this! :rofl: What’s your build?

3 Likes

While the Drop isn’t my favorite rda you can get good flavor. I keep the top row of af holes closed an set the coils high (3mm). For a single coil I used a 4mm quad core fc or a framed staple.

5 Likes

Googled it just now. Interesting, especially the cap. Gonna watch this review later

2 Likes

I usually run a 5 wrap 24g spaced Kanthal at just shy of 0.5 ohms. and that depends on that its sitting on. Running Temp control on a squanker I have I do a 5 wrap 22g TI and it puts me just under 0.1 ohms

3 Likes

A lot of those YT reviewers get sent their equipment because they’re always saying nice things (i.e. simple advertising) and they pump out review after review without taking proper time to actually review the product. I would trust the opinions of real users on these forums a lot more than the reviewers on YT.

7 Likes

Good point

1 Like

I just leave the bottom 4 holes, really smooth and the flavor is good, but i cant yet figure out how to get the flavor to be as good as i get from mtl tanks. Would definitely try your way. Thanks!

1 Like

Just something you may want to note, different juice profiles vape differently in different setups some may produce more or less flavor in one or the other. Its an on going search for a lot of us

4 Likes

You may need to do some flavor adjustments. On another note I usually vape at lower than average watts.

4 Likes

True. I always watch them only to get a better idea about the products.

1 Like

I see. It is an ongoing search indeed

1 Like

How low do you go for framed staple?

1 Like

Single coil usually 45ish depending on juice with a 70w boost.

3 Likes

The Wasp spits and whistles bad. The flavor is phenomenal but it could be all the juice being spit into my mouth.

The Drop solo has less flavor but the flavor is still good. The benefits are that I have zero spitback and zero leakage. I’ve somehow never managed to over fill or over squonk it. I keep the top 2 rows of holes closed. It is restricted but not overly so, still get a good lung hit closed off like that.

7 Likes

I did do a review on the wasp nano, if you’re interested just hit the search button :wink:

However my preferred rda’s are still the wasp nano and the recurve, if I want to squonk.

I prefer rta’s, for me the flavor is much better, but I’m a weird person.

In my opinion the drop is overhyped, I hated mine even in single setup, that’s the reason I didn’t buy the drop solo/drop dead/dead :rabbit2: rta and any upcoming products. I also didn’t like the profile rda. Gave it to someone here on Elr and that person does like it more than I did.

But flavor is subjective, so my point is, unless you try it for yourself, you might not know if you like it. There’s no such thing as best/good of anything/year. It’s great advertising and marketing for vendors and reviewers, not so much the consumer. Keep that in mind :wink:

5 Likes